Bad words and Leo bashing never a good combo

:D
    IBTL-Croc.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Seriously, we have thousands of posts on here carping about the loss of our rights and the general consensus on here is that we don't mind being inconvenienced by a Leo who is fishing for arrests because it gets bad guys off the streets. How many bad guys could we get off the streets if leos went door to door questioning people because they had a porch light bulb burnt out? Must be too busy smoking crack if they don't have time to change that bulb out.

Again, you can say I'm bashing leo's all you want. I challenge you to find in my 1000+ posts where I have ever taken issue with leos on any issue besides this one. This issue goes all the way up to the courts that decided that pulling people over for chincy probable cause is okay.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It's a cop's job to ask questions, and the Republic isn't going to collapse if they do.

I've worked in a busy prosecutor's office and a defense firm, so I have some insight into how many bad guys are taken off the streets as a result of simple traffic stops. Guys with warrants out for rape, robbery, burglary, drug distribution, etc, that would still been out there if not for a simple traffic stop. It's quite a few.

Furthermore, getting people talking is one of the best way to find out if they're intoxicated. That's where the small talk comes in. Do have any idea how many innocent people are killed by drunk drivers?

I spend more time looking for my car keys than the average traffic stop, small talk fishing included.

I don't get what it is with the persecution complex that makes people think all of their rights are being taken away every time someone looks at them crosseyed or asks them a question. Is basic social interaction with an authority figure that difficult?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Dang it!! I got sucked into handing out a rep on that one, It was just too soon, and did so hope this thread was different.:lmfao:I should know by now if it says LEO in the title the :bat: begins.;)

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    While most will disagree with me I find it easier to be polite and play along with the questions, I have been popped for well over 80 in a 55 and received just a warning and I am sure it was because I wasn't a Male Appendage...

I was stopped once on RT.30 for 78 in a 55 by a county cop he was a young guy but very polite and nice, he tells me that this route is a high drug trafficking route and asks if i would mind if he searched my vehicle.

It had to be about 120 degrees in the sun and it was my work car, NO AC, the back seat was full of garbage and tools, the passenger side wasn't any better so I figured sure have fun.

He had me sit in the front of his squad(very cold AC) while he started his search. About 40 mins later after the hood and the hatchback hit him in the head he came back opened the door and told me that he forgot how fast I was going and to wear my seatbelt, I was good to go.

I was feeling like a smartbutt at this point so I explained to him several areas of the car I felt he neglected to search and how to access those areas and that if I was running drugs those are where I would hide them, asked him if he had a bump on his head.

He then notices that I have a handgun not very well concealed on my right hip, he looks at me and says"Thanks I learned alot from this stop, oh and I assume you have a permit for that right?"

Come to find out he was on a dart league that I played against like 2 weeks later, he bought me several beers and said don't tell anybody about that traffic stop.

I guess the whole other dart league team was LEO..

It just seems easier to let them do their job and lots of times it works to your advantage plus the entertainment value alone is worth it sometimes..

Why do I get the feeling this might have been one of you clowns????:D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    As grown adults, we should be able to have a discussion about this subject w/o it going to hell in a handbasket.

If the incident occurred as described in the OP, I do think it crosses a line to basically make up a reason to go on a fishing expedition. I want cops to catch the bad guys as much as anyone else, but being on the road at 1:15 a.m. should not be enough to get you pulled over.

Again, if the incident happened as described to me, I'd be a little peeved. I'm not sure why folks think it's okay?

As far as searching my vehicle, I wouldn't allow it. Why should I? Just because I have nothing to hide doesn't mean I should consent to a search. Why should the burden be on me?

Anyhow, I think it's okay for us to share opinions about this. I'm not bashing LEOs. I have a ton of respect for the tough job they have.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Wait for it... Wait for it...

:popcorn: :):

justdoit.jpg

You know you want to... :lmfao:

See, now that is what gives EVERY LEO a bad name. I mean come on now, giving someone a Bull excuse about license plate lights then coming back and giving a warning, well warning for what? The lights were working right, they werent caked with mud were they? Jeez, just another LEO overstepping his authority for no other reason than to be a jerk. [edited -shooter521]

INGunGuy

P.S. I still dont want to do any LEO bashing, but this kinda takes the cake...
    Now see...had we seen this before it was edited...we could have already declared a weiner...err...winner!!!! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom