• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Article:230 New Laws Take Effect Today: Here's A Few You Should Be Aware Of | Indiana's NewsCenter: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, and CW | Local

Question 1. I thought it had been ruled long ago that cities counties etc. Couldn't regulate firearms in Indiana?

Question 2. The whole no recording anyone without their permission thing, that isn't going to apply to LEO's is it?

Thanks.
    1. Im not sure but I assume they meant "could not regulate ownership".
    2. Not sure what your question is. Do you mean LEO's cant record people or do you mean people cant record LEO's? Either way, I saw the word "explicit" in there. That seems to be the key word here.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know of no law with regard to recording conversation that's going into effect. Where are you even getting that report?

Indiana's been a single-party-notification state for as long as I can remember. As long as one person involved in the conversation knows the recording is happening, then it's kosher. It doesn't matter if the cop that's dressing you down, because everyone knows OC is illegal in Indiana, doesn't like the fact that your DVR in your pocket got him a formal reprimand. Since you were doing the recording and you were the person being conversated with, there can be no legal repercussions for your recording of the officer.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Article:230 New Laws Take Effect Today: Here's A Few You Should Be Aware Of | Indiana's NewsCenter: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, and CW | Local

Question 1. I thought it had been ruled long ago that cities counties etc. Couldn't regulate firearms in Indiana?

Question 2. The whole no recording anyone without their permission thing, that isn't going to apply to LEO's is it?

Thanks.

For those with a taste for the sleazy, a new public voyeurism law takes effect, making it a misdemeanor to take explicit pictures of video of someone without their permission. And if you post those pictures on line, it becomes a felony. The law came about after a Fort Wayne man, David Delagrange, was convicted of child exploitation charges when he used a camera in his shoe to take upskirt videos of te

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Thanks.
    #2 is not what you think.
    For those with a taste for the sleazy, a new public voyeurism law takes effect, making it a misdemeanor to take explicit pictures of video of someone without their permission. And if you post those pictures on line, it becomes a felony. The law came about after a Fort Wayne man, David Delagrange, was convicted of child exploitation charges when he used a camera in his shoe to take upskirt videos of teenage girls at Castleton Square Mall three years ago.

You can still record anyone in public, you just can't do it for the purposes of sexual exploitation. Cops won't be able to use this law to stop you from recording them in public, unless they're in a skirt and you're filming up it.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I know of no law with regard to recording conversation that's going into effect. Where are you even getting that report?

Indiana's been a single-party-notification state for as long as I can remember. As long as one person involved in the conversation knows the recording is happening, then it's kosher. It doesn't matter if the cop that's dressing you down, because everyone knows OC is illegal in Indiana, doesn't like the fact that your DVR in your pocket got him a formal reprimand. Since you were doing the recording and you were the person being conversated with, there can be no legal repercussions for your recording of the officer.

See mrjarrell's quote it was near the bottom of the article

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    #2 is not what you think.

You can still record anyone in public, you just can't do it for the purposes of sexual exploitation. Cops won't be able to use this law to stop you from recording them in public, unless they're in a skirt and you're filming up it.

I see a problem. There are a few confrontational OCers out there that actually get their rocks off alarming non-firearms friendly folks and then arguing with ignorant LEOs who try to overstep their authority with their cameras rolling. (put it away you are scaring the wussies, etc)

I think they'll get convicted on a technicality. :rofl:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I heard the silencers are legal to hunt with bit this AM on the radio. Whoever they were talking to said 'no one's gonna do it as its so expensive'...

I arched my eyebrow...and just shook my head. I think it was some hunting organization dude.

Top Bottom