• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    When the store calls in to do the NICS check; does the dealer also supply the make/model of the gun you're trying to buy?

If they do, then you have to imagine that information is being stored somewhere.

Name
    Address
    Birth Date
    SSN
    Race
    Make/Model maybe serial number of gun.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The only exception is when you buy 2 handguns within a 5 day period. Then, information is provided to the National Tracing Center

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The only exception is when you buy 2 handguns within a 5 day period. Then, information is provided to the National Tracing Center

the info make, model, caliber,and your info is faxed to the batfe and your local law enforcement(i.e. city police, or sheriff) within 1 day of the second sale

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    When the store calls in to do the NICS check; does the dealer also supply the make/model of the gun you're trying to buy?

If they do, then you have to imagine that information is being stored somewhere.

Name
    Address
    Birth Date
    SSN
    Race
    Make/Model maybe serial number of gun.

all of the info above is supposed to be deleted 24 hours after the sale (by nics)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Hmm .. what would be the SOP if someone purchased a handgun .. ended up delayed .. then denied .. But appealed the denial.. Should the LGS hold the weapon AND cash until there is a response to the appeal came trough? Or due to the extremely long wait times should the LGS refund the cash?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    On a stock product like a G17, it's probably in the interest of both parties to unwind the deal. However, if a customer really wanted me to sit on the Glock, I'd likely hold it for a month or two.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    the only thing that worries me is that the guy doesn't have a storefront and I haven't heard from him since I called to check on the delay and he said I had been denied and its coming up on a month right now. I don't want to call and bug the guy but zero communication kind of sucks as well. But when (and I do expect it to just be a matter of time) my appeal goes through it would be nice to have the G17 there ready and waiting. :)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Hmm .. what would be the SOP if someone purchased a handgun .. ended up delayed .. then denied .. But appealed the denial.. Should the LGS hold the weapon AND cash until there is a response to the appeal came trough? Or due to the extremely long wait times should the LGS refund the cash?
    The LGS shouldn't retain the gun. The Feds usually come for it.
    In the event that the customer does not wish to pursue an appeal, a refund should happen. Sometimes with the cost of the transfer or a restock fee being taken out. Depends on the store's policy.
    If you have any reason to think it might happen to you, ask about policy before you purchase or fill out any paperwork.

Top Bottom