• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How is this different from prior to COVID when service members overseas would send in ballots? I know there are differences, but during a discussion with a friend yesterday I couldn't come up with any differences and I didn't want to use Left leaning internet search to try to find answers. Anyone know off the top of their heads or have links with good info? I think there's a much laxer method of matching the ballots to actual people, but couldn't remember exactly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How is this different from prior to COVID when service members overseas would send in ballots? I know there are differences, but during a discussion with a friend yesterday I couldn't come up with any differences and I didn't want to use Left leaning internet search to try to find answers. Anyone know off the top of their heads or have links with good info? I think there's a much laxer method of matching the ballots to actual people, but couldn't remember exactly.
    I think one of the major differences is that people used to have to request and have a valid reason (like service members abroad) for getting a mail-in ballot. The ballots just weren't sent out willy-nilly to all registered voters.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    My guess is before covid the military election officials didn't have any political agenda to push. It appears to me that today most local election officials in blue areas do have a political agenda to push. I don't know about the military now and this is just a guess.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I think one of the major differences is that people used to have to request and have a valid reason (like service members abroad) for getting a mail-in ballot. The ballots just weren't sent out willy-nilly to all registered voters.
    :+1:

They just weren’t used in mass, and they’ve never been prepared for fraud. If this is the new model they really need to have better controls around them. Whether that means serial numbers or some other way to verify and validate them

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mail in ballots have been around a long time, what's different is that political machines have figured out how to use them en masse. Big media gives them cover with the accusations of "vote suppression" against anybody questioning it.

How big is it? Anybody's guess, it's an illegal activity supported by government machines and never investigated. It makes a difference in a close election now, but like Chicago, soon it will so big and accepted it will make all the difference.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Standard Form 76. I sent that in the many years I voted absentee while I was active duty.

Ballots from Washington County found me many years, filled one out on the window sill of the Postal Service Center in Iceland and put it in the return mail immediately. That was 1998 IIRC.

Changed my residency to Florida when I was stationed there, voted at the polls twice then absentee in Florida while stationed in Virginia.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I refrained from watching 2000 Mules when released. Partly because I was still trying to process if it was possible Biden did win, having listened to my children and their friends vitriol toward Trump.

It is available on X (Twitter) this weekend, and I decided to watch. If you haven't seen it, I do think it is worth a watch. It's a movie, but it appears the data is real, and compelling.

Gronk! This Nation does not have elections so long as the vote harvesting and vote buying is permitted. There is also compelling evidence that the Communist's foot soldiers (BLM Anti-FA) were a core part of the effort. The fact the States are not going after this hard suggests that there will never be another election which can be trusted again.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    A further question, which Is really more germaine to our friends in the blue states. What can be done by individual citizens to stop the ballot harvesting and trafficking?

The citizens who care that elections be conducted in accordance with law, and their votes not be diluted, need to take some action to eliminate the worst of these crimes.

Obviously drastically reducing mail ballots and implementing actual signature verification would be a start, but I don't believe that will be enough.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I always understood the military ballots were under the supervision of the government the entire time they were out. And truthfully, as I have read way before 2016 they rarely were counted before the elections were decided. Some jurisdictions said they never even opened them unless there were more ballots than the difference between candidates…

Top Bottom