• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    Im new to ingo. My permit recently expired and my new one has not came in the mail yet. does anyone know if i can carry with my old permit and my copy of the new application and reciept. Just curious, i feel naked not being able to carry. thanks

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

As far as I know you are not legal to carry untill you get the new LTCH. Application's get denied from time to time even from people that used to have a LTCH. I would not carry untill you get it because the way the law will see it you will be carrying a weapon with no permit.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    As long as you have your old license and the application for the new with you, you are good to go. That is, as long as your old license was not out of date when you put in the application for the new. You can call the department you filed the application with or the state police and they will tell you this.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    As long as you have your old license and the application for the new with you, you are good to go. That is, as long as your old license was not out of date when you put in the application for the new. You can call the department you filed the application with or the state police and they will tell you this.
    do you know the number i would need to call? thanks

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    All answered in the INGO FAQ (see my sig).

If you applied for your renewal BEFORE your license expired, and within 30 days of the expiration, then you are good to go. If you applied AFTER it expired, then you have to wait for your renewal.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Here is the Indiana Code, Scutter. Took me a while or I would have beat your posting.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an
    existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    where in marion county do i need to go to renew my license? All other times i have lived in other counties. so this will be my first trip through the jungle.

also, my 4 year will expire at the end of 2011, can i go ahead and renew now for the lifetime? i thought i had already got the lifetime but i guess i was mistaken. I wanna do it now so theres not a chance they cancel issuing lifetime permits before 2011 rolls around. thanks ahead for your answers

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    where in marion county do i need to go to renew my license? All other times i have lived in other counties. so this will be my first trip through the jungle.

also, my 4 year will expire at the end of 2011, can i go ahead and renew now for the lifetime? i thought i had already got the lifetime but i guess i was mistaken. I wanna do it now so theres not a chance they cancel issuing lifetime permits before 2011 rolls around. thanks ahead for your answers

The question of when you can renew is answered in post #7, as well as in the FAQ. 180 prior to expiration.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    you can go to IN.gov: Home and fill out the application. they will give you a app number. you take the app number to the firearms division on the first floor of the city county building and pay the fee and get finger printed. its alot easier now you can do it online versus going to get the app, taking it somewhere to find a typewriter (impossible to find anymore) then going back to the city county building. hope that helps.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    you can go to IN.gov: Home and fill out the application. they will give you a app number. you take the app number to the firearms division on the first floor of the city county building and pay the fee and get finger printed. its alot easier now you can do it online versus going to get the app, taking it somewhere to find a typewriter (impossible to find anymore) then going back to the city county building. hope that helps.

your the man! thanks!! now i just have to wait till 180 days before my current one expires, :xmad: i want my lifetime permit now

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    As far as I know you are not legal to carry untill you get the new LTCH. Application's get denied from time to time even from people that used to have a LTCH. I would not carry untill you get it because the way the law will see it you will be carrying a weapon with no permit.

Please try to read & understand the laws before posting something obviously wrong. This is how bogus "knowledge" gets started & perpetuated.

Not trying to an a$$. Just a friendly request. :cheers:

Top Bottom