• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I would like to find a source for some quality roll pin, and pin starter punches.

Anyone have a favorite source for these, and other common gunsmithing tools?
    I have picked up some items like this at gun shows and the quality has been a little questionable.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Look at grace stuff.

I got a few of the hollow ground screwdrivers and some punches from them.

A brass hammer and a leather one, some blue and purple locktite. a few other items are needed still but working on them slowly. Will be set in a few years.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I got mine at Brownells. I suppose there are other outlets you could buy from, but supplying gunsmiths & hobbyists is kinda their thing.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all the input. I was afraid that Brownells might sell some funky Chinese stuff. After looking at their Grace products combined with affirmation from you guys I will go in that direction. Some products that I had picked up at the 1500 made me a little shy about some manufacturers.

This is why INGO rules.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    My wife last year for Christmas picked me up one of the Weaver Gun Smith tool sets. It's the Bomb ! Has everything for general repair, scope mounting, knocking out roll pins etc. Do a little searching on the net. I think she found it on sale for around $60.00
    Here is a link to what it looks like.
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Weaver-Deluxe-Gunsmith-Tool-Kit/dp/B004NC188O[/ame]

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    My wife last year for Christmas picked me up one of the Weaver Gun Smith tool sets. It's the Bomb ! Has everything for general repair, scope mounting, knocking out roll pins etc. Do a little searching on the net. I think she found it on sale for around $60.00
    Here is a link to what it looks like.
    Amazon.com: Weaver Deluxe Gunsmith Tool Kit: Sports & Outdoors

Thanks for the heads up. Great reviews on amazon and priced much better than what I had been looking at. Huge plus, made in the us!

Top Bottom