• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I recently bought 2 knives at smokey mountain knife works while on vacation in Tennessee. I bought an ontario sp10 marine raider and the TOPS Prather war bowie. The prather could use some help with its sharpness but i do like the knife. The prather sheath is what seems to have become the norm a big bulky sheath that is more pouch than sheath and the velcro tabs that secure the handle are too bug so even when velcro is hooked the knife does not feel secure. The ontario sheath is better designed but a little cheap on materials. I would like to get a snug fitting kydex or leather sheath made for each of these knives as i really like them both and would like to be able to get a couple sheaths made to really make them more functional. Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I recently bought 2 knives at smokey mountain knife works while on vacation in Tennessee. I bought an ontario sp10 marine raider and the TOPS Prather war bowie. The prather could use some help with its sharpness but i do like the knife. The prather sheath is what seems to have become the norm a big bulky sheath that is more pouch than sheath and the velcro tabs that secure the handle are too bug so even when velcro is hooked the knife does not feel secure. The ontario sheath is better designed but a little cheap on materials. I would like to get a snug fitting kydex or leather sheath made for each of these knives as i really like them both and would like to be able to get a couple sheaths made to really make them more functional. Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Contact Slow Hand here on INGO. He made several sheaths for me (you can see photos of them if you search on here) and he does great work.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If you are going to the Indy 1500 this weekend Brandon from SharkTac holsters makes some great ones he makes all my pistol holsters and one for my Busse Heavy Duty and they have all been great.

Top Bottom