• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbull88

Plinker
    Jun 12, 2011
    West Lafayette, IN
    Help. My son is really into airsoft guns. Problem is, most of the ones we have bought were cheap and of poor quality. We used Airsplat.com and have had very poor luck. Does anyone have any experience or guidance on quality manufacturers and suppliers of airsoft guns, and/or recommend a specific model? Thanks.

BlueEagle

Master
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    There's a place here in Jeffersonville that sells a lot of them; that is all they do. Dunno about "good" manufacturers, though. I would say to look up possible models, and then google "review of super-duper-air-soft-cannon-annihilator-beast-gun," (or whatever your chosen model is,) and see what other people say about them.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry I can't help on specific models, but The Ol' Ball & Chain shop here in Ft. Wayne has some really nice airsoft guns. I know it is a ways away from you, but I have checked them out before and was very impressed. Great training guns for indoors as well. I am sure someone else will be along with more experience and info. If not I can try to swing in there again soon and get some info and pass it along to you.

Their phone number is 260-482-9111 if interested
    They may be able to help answer some questions over the phone. Pretty nice people in there

Last edited:

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Please for the love of god do not go to Ol Ball and Chain. They have possibly the WORST reputation in airsoft in the state of Indiana.. Now for dealing online, Airsoft GI is one of the better places. As for a quality rifle, Classic Army X Series rifles are some of the best. Also ICS, Tokyo Marui and G&G are excellent as well.

Like anything else, you go cheap and you'll pay for it. By pay for it I mean, might break the first time it's used and cost more to repair than it's worth. Locally there is a dealer who runs a store called Crazy Cromags Airsoft Emporium and he's located in Huntington and has a website as well. Look him up, but don't buy KWA.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    back in..2005 i ordered a Tokyo Marui Famas from UNCompany.com, i had to pay customs, $30 at the time i think but the price on the gun was cheaper than most. I check the site out every once in a while and they seem to stock the latest airsoft stuff, some really neat guns, if i was to order another one i would probably order from them again. As for quality Tokyo Marui was considered high quality back then, Classic Army had some cutting edge stuff making "all metal" guns with fiber-glass polymers, thats about all i remember.

Ultimately nobody around had any "good" airsoft guns, there wasn't anywhere or anyone to do it with so the purchase was a waste, fired a couple mags and put it under my bed :/

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I bought an Echo 1 M4a1 and have had good luck with it. It's not top quality,more of the mid range, but it is definately an awesome shooter, and i played a few events with it without fail. Its a full size and full weight version of an M4, select fire battery powered.

there are much better out there, but depends on price.
    I don't know what your price range is, mine ran me $160ish when i got it. they also have higher priced guns and offer a lot of different models. Mp5's, AK's, etc.

I bough mine off or shortyusa.com, but i have not been on that webiste nor airsofted in some time so i dont know how it has changed or if they still offer Echo 1. but im sure you can google them if shortyusa.com fails.

Last edited:

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    Help. My son is really into airsoft guns. Problem is, most of the ones we have bought were cheap and of poor quality. We used Airsplat.com and have had very poor luck. Does anyone have any experience or guidance on quality manufacturers and suppliers of airsoft guns, and/or recommend a specific model? Thanks.

Before I got into real firearms, airsoft was a good deal of fun. I always used TrinityAirsoft.com or ShortyUSA.com both are good with customer service and prices.
    I don't know how much you're looking to spend but a decent spring operated handgun would be around $30-$40-ish. Or you could get one that's run on Co2 for around $50-$100.

There's a lot of good manufacturers like KWC, JG, KJ Works, Tokyo Marui.

YETB

Plinker
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    We like Evike.com for browsing and info - we have bought our last few GBB pistols from there as well. KJW makes very solid 1911 series gas blow back pistols (shooting propane) - and it's worth an extra 20-30 bucks to buy the upgrades series because they come VERY upgraded.

It's tempting to save a few bucks and go with the 90.00 WE's you will see - but they are NOT made the same way. Don't do it...

We have Echo 1 - G&G and Classic Army rifles - I would buy any one of those again.

The Classic Army and the G&G allows for alot of upgrades and replacement parts easy.

I have a 12 yr old and 14 yr old that have been "war-ring" with friends for a couple years and they love it. Just remember - full face masks.

RichardR

Master
    Aug 21, 2010
    I own a couple of KWA's, an SR5 AEG (fully automatic, electric-powered SBR rifle) & an M9 (gas-powerd, double-action) PTP (professional training pistol).

KWA's are sort of on the expensive side but their quality is top notch IMHO, a good place to buy airsoft stuff is from Crazy Cromag Emporium not only are they retailers, they are also players themselves as well as big supporters of the local airsoft community, helping to put together events & games, etc.

I try to buy all of my stuff from Tim @ Crazy Cromag's.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I prefer airsoftgi.com. most places recommended are good and reputable sellers, but the brand of gun you buy is the key. Most of my guns are KWA or Tokyo Marui.

Here's my collection:
    picture.php

I may or may not have more money invested in airsoft than real guns... but im trying to change that ratio! Haha ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom