Pure Evil: Couple slain during home invasion. 8 children at home.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Couple who adopted 12 children slain - CNN.com

Eight children were found in the Florida home of their slain parents, who apparently were the victims of a home invasion, police confirmed to CNN Friday.

art.family.pnj.jpg

art.pensacola.couple.pnj.jpg

The couple was found shot Thursday night in their Beulah home, said Escambia County Police spokesman Sgt. Ted Roy. One of the parents was shot in the head, he said. Beulah is about 17 miles northwest of Pensacola.

The victims were identified as Byrd and Melanie Billings by Jeff Martin, director of the District Medical Examiner's Office. Autopsies have not been completed, he said.

The Billings have 16 children; 12 of them adopted, some of whom have special needs, the Pensacola News Journal reported.

Nancy Markham, a relative of the family, told CNN affiliate WEAR-TV that her son was inside the Billings' home when the shootings occurred.

"He said that Bud and Melanie had, both of them had been murdered," Markham said.

Don't Miss
    Family blessed with love of children
    Emergency personnel and police went to the home Thursday night after receiving a call just before 8 p.m. about shots being fired, Roy said. An employee of the couple found their bodies, he said.

When police arrived they discovered the children also in the house, he said. The children, who ranged in age from infant to about 11 years old, were unharmed, he said.

Authorities are looking for three males in a red van in connection with the slayings, Roy said.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Thank God they didn't kill the children as well. Prayers for those slain and those that survived.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I moved from that area about six years ago. It is a very quiet, peaceful area. I would be shocked if it is completely random.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Wow, I think there needs to be a manhunt established for this blatant murder(s). Once significant and positive I.D.'s are made, they should work to put them behind bars forever... or worse.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    But I though If we dont own guns this stuff wouldnt happen because the government would protect us?

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    You still don't get it. If it was illegal, the shooter wouldn't have had a gun either and it wouldn't have happened. It's all so simple! :rolleyes:

Umm guns are illegal or banned in mexico.... Bad guys still have them
    same goes for....
    England (300,000 Illegal guns imported to england every year!)
    Brittan
    Australia
    etc
    etc
    etc...........
    Ok I just realized something..... These are primarily white people. Why are white people so stupid? OMG Im white too. Does this make me a raciest? Im so confused? Maybe im stupid too?

pgw0321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Camby, IN
    It's a bad deal all the way around, they not only killed these people, they scarred the older kids who will have to live with what they've seen and heard, that's a same.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    What a tragedy. Those kids are going to have a rough time the rest of their lives. Sounds like a loving, generous couple. Just so sad.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I saw this earlier tonight and was just stunned. That is absolutely horrible that someone could do that in cold blood to these good people. I just hope they catch whoever did it, even if it takes a full scale manhunt, they need to bring these murderers to justice and let them meet the chair.

My prayers are with the family and children, I'd say they need it now more than ever. Those kids are gonna be scarred for life.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom