• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    If you are going to be teaching a technical class (say, for instance, a class on Java and C++) and you want to demonstrate a concept by using a real-time example...

It would be wise to WRITE DOWN that example in your notes (with details) so you know where to find the appropriate files when you need them, or else you run the risk of losing your audience attention when you are stumbling around one directory after another trying to find that damn file.

That is all.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This week I was told that no one under age 30 uses Java anymore. Is that true?

I'm way over 30 Pistol Bob and I deleted all Java programs.

There was information put out about 6 months ago that told of virus/malware type issues with Java.

All runs fine for me w/o Java on our computers.

And no more pop-ups about Java updates...

TK

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Java is teh sux0rz. A Swiss-cheese mess of unpatched security holes. Unfortunately, it's so widely used now that you can't really uninstall it. For example, most of the switches, routers, and firewalls I manage have Java-based interfaces. I prefer the command line, but that's not always available.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Java is teh sux0rz. A Swiss-cheese mess of unpatched security holes. Unfortunately, it's so widely used now that you can't really uninstall it. For example, most of the switches, routers, and firewalls I manage have Java-based interfaces. I prefer the command line, but that's not always available.

Well, I don't disagree, but one of our legacy programs runs on Java, and I need to be able to support it, so I have to learn it.

Or so they say.

Top Bottom