• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    I put these on another forum I visit but I thought you guys might like to see these.

This happed to a new pistol on its 8th round. He was shooting WWB ammo.

photobucket-4083-1321651677616.jpg

photobucket-3942-1321651642505.jpg

photobucket-3045-1321651617916.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    On the bright side, it's got a lifetime warranty and they'll fix it or replace it. Never have had any issues with my Tauruses. Sad to see this. Of course, I've seen similar and worse on other brands. Crap happens, unfortunately. Call Taurus and send it off. Glad you didn't get hurt.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Any idea how good Tarus is on warranty work?
    I've heard some folks say they take their time about it, but I don't know of any company that does things overnight. Of the folks I've heard who did send it in, I haven't heard of complaints about the quality of work. Hardest part's getting it to them through the shippers. And that's not too terrible, to hear some folks tell it. Call them up and let them know what happened to get things started. I'd also let them know you've got pictures if they want to see the damage. You can always email them.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro, stainless slide, that I have shot over 300 rounds of various ammo thru and have not had a single problem with it. Is yours a Millennium or Mill Pro?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Shooting WWB? Wow.

I wonder if there wasn't already a significant crack or stress that went unnoticed, and it took 8 rounds to break it completely.

Hope he can get it resolved.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm guessing it had a hidden crack from the start. I'd prefer it happened right away so you can get it repaired/replaced than later on.

Let us know how the service goes.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    Shooting WWB? Wow.

I wonder if there wasn't already a significant crack or stress that went unnoticed, and it took 8 rounds to break it completely.

Hope he can get it resolved.

The crazy thing is I had some hot reloads sitting there for one of my 1911s. When he was loading the mag I had to double check what he was loading. If WWB broke it that bad my hot loads would have got him hurt.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I have a 2nd generation Millennium Pro , my truck gun, that I've never had a problem with in 1500~2000 rounds. Sorry about your luck, maybe a factory defect.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    i had a similar thing happen to mine, not quite as bad though. It was one of the first PT145's to hit the market. The frame cracked after about 500 rds. I sent it back to Taurus and they fixed it quickly. I traded it off after that, but i decided to give them another try when the pT145 pro came out. I have had zero problems whatsoever with the Millinieum Pro model. I love this gun. It has been 100% reliable and shoots great. All manufacturers have issues from time to time and I think Taurus made some changes to their frames after the first generation models came out so that this problem would not repeat itself.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    That sucks to see...I have a pt24/7 that has several thousand rounds through it...hundreds of +P rounds, and never hiccuped a bit.

Best of luck to your friend getting it fixed

Top Bottom