• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Wonder how that works out with the stanag conversion. The x39 would be my pick, too.

The gas plug is interesting. I wonder how many options there will be for it.
    All depends on the mags really. I’ve got a Duramag that runs great. Sig is using x39 AR mags now as well but I don’t know who’s actually making them.

ASC mags get a pretty rocky reputation from my research.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I tell you what. Regardless of the price point for this particular piece, PSA seems to really be carving out a strong niche in the firearms market for those who want reliable, utility oriented guns without being "cheap" in that sense. People like myself who don't want cheap guns but also cannot afford the higher end brands will undoubtedly gravitate towards this brand.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    If I were to get one, my choice would be 7.62x39 because it is the closest to the kurtz round.

But, the further I get into collecting, the less I want clones of rifles. I want the real deal.

360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    I don't like that face it's designed to take Ar mags. i would like to see it next to a orginal and compare there just to see how accurate it is.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I gotta admit, this is something that would scratch an itch. As mentioned, I like the idea of being able to take something vintage-looking and enjoy using it and not being afraid of breaking something that would make me cry.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I will be really curious to see what the price point is. I wanted to get one of the Ohio Ordinance BARs, but they jump in price so far it's now beyond what I'd be willing to pay for a semi auto BAR. Maybe PSA can do more of this type offering. The price on firearms right now is just absurd for anything of middling quality. Many of these 2 and 3k rifles just aren't worth it. I've got some that I wouldn't pay the money to buy them again if I had to do it now. Not until my pay doubles... which isn't very likely to happen.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I will be really curious to see what the price point is. I wanted to get one of the Ohio Ordinance BARs, but they jump in price so far it's now beyond what I'd be willing to pay for a semi auto BAR. Maybe PSA can do more of this type offering. The price on firearms right now is just absurd for anything of middling quality. Many of these 2 and 3k rifles just aren't worth it. I've got some that I wouldn't pay the money to buy them again if I had to do it now. Not until my pay doubles... which isn't very likely to happen.
    There's one of the PSA retro's on GB right now but they're asking almost 1700.00 for it and it's a factory blem, no thanks.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    There's one of the PSA retro's on GB right now but they're asking almost 1700.00 for it and it's a factory blem, no thanks.
    Don't know if you're interested but they have Commando lowers up still on the website. They're black not gray. That's not a big deal to me though I went ahead and snagged one because I can refinish it here at the house the proper gray color

https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-commando-stripped-lower-receiver-black.html

Top Bottom