• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I agree with the con over price. To me if someone didn't want to go through an FFL when I had the fees covered it would be a red flag and time to find another buyer.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Biggest con is that I won't do one for a private sale. If I want to go through that hassle, I'll go through a dealer, and get the better service and more pleasant shopping experience. Sometimes it's worth going through a dealer, especially if they've got what I want and private parties don't, sometimes I'd rather go through a private party. But going through the transfer process is all good for the seller, and does nothing to protect me. If there's nothing in it for me, I'll just buy elsewhere. Besides, I don't necessarily WANT the government to know about ALL my guns.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    The only con I can think of with an FFL transfer is the cost.
    Perhaps it is my distrust (paranoia?) in the direction government is taking, but the 4473 seem like it would give big brother the opportunity to say, "The private ownership of firearms has been severely restricted by the SCOTUS most recent interpretation of the second ammendment. Based on federal records, you own the following weapons and we are here to confiscate them because they have not been turned in voluntarily.

Paranoid? Maybe. But just because you are paranoid doesn't mean you aren't being watched!

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Perhaps it is my distrust (paranoia?) in the direction government is taking, but the 4473 seem like it would give big brother the opportunity to say, "The private ownership of firearms has been severely restricted by the SCOTUS most recent interpretation of the second ammendment. Based on federal records, you own the following weapons and we are here to confiscate them because they have not been turned in voluntarily.

Paranoid? Maybe. But just because you are paranoid doesn't mean you aren't being watched!

If it comes to that point it won't really matter, either people will bend over and conform or...

Top Bottom