• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    My fear is that a 2-day antlerless firearms season in October will spook deer just like the firearm season does now, and the deer won't go back into undisturbed mode between then and the firearms opener. It's hard enough to get deer within bow range without guns booming. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that seems to be my gut feeling.

You know I never looked at it that way and you may very well have a point. However, when firearms season usually opens, it stays open and therefore the pressure stays on. In this case, the pressure is there then gone a couple of days later. It's possible that it may turn a big deer or two nocturnal, sure, but I can do that just by not using my head getting to my stand. On the other hand, this is a different time of year we're talking about too. Bucks are just starting to get wound tight and if they do get bumped they're likely to forget all about it by halloween as they have other things on their mind. By the time they change their habits in regular firearms season they are MOSTLY done with the chase phase which is the money phase of the rut IMO.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    does anyone know how much the tags will cost? its gonna suck to have to spend $50 my two tags and only be good for 9 days then have to go spend $50 more

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    That is supposedly to be addressed at a later date.:dunno: (whatever that means) But you bet, paying the same fees for less days is another problem & I for one won't be doing it.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    If they are going to shortin the seasons then they should atleast make it quite a bit cheaper its hard enough to fill a buck and doe tag during the longer seasons, now this means there will be even more people in the woods at one time, they will all be taking off work if possible and hunting public ground will be insane

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Licenses

does anyone know how much the tags will cost? its gonna suck to have to spend $50 my two tags and only be good for 9 days then have to go spend $50 more

It's my understanding that the IDNR will be offering "bundled" licenses in 2011. The savings will be scant, around $15 for archery/firearm/muzzleloader combined but it's better than a poke in the eye.

Top Bottom