• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Apparently you simply have a problem with the hat. I had 155 of the INGO Tactical hats made and they sold out in 3 days. If you are to cool for the hat I apologize. Consider finding a cooler forum with cooler hats or maybe just keeping your comments to yourself if you don't like them.
    INGO Tactical is the GEAR STORE of the forum INGUNOWNERS.COM

I thought it had something to do with the bus line, but then realized that was IndyGo. And there is nothing really tactical about riding a bus I guess.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    but what kind of maniac tries to shoot a Beretta? :D

Ha! I don't know anyone that loony! :whistle:

I should have been more specific with the wrist in line with the forearm thing. What I was thinking ...

Perfectly reasonable explanation. I was just trying to picture it. I agree w/ that.

When you refer to steering below, are you referring to actually steering with your wrists, or someone actually trying to use little movements of the hands themselves to change the point of aim of the gun?

Certainly adjustments in alignment have to be made w/ the wrists to aim. What I'm trying to say is that neither hand should affect how the pistol points just because of the contact on the gun. If you you can move how the gun points just by adjusting grip pressure, then the grip is not neutral. The same if you ride your thumb on the frame and the amount of tension in your thumb changes how the gun points... that's not neutral. A good example is the finger on the front of the trigger guard... while there are a couple of very good shooters using this technique, most can't pull it off because the amount of grip pressure with that finger will "steer" the gun and cause accuracy problems... again because it's not neutral. clear as mud? I don't feel I did that explanation justice... I can add more if need be.

As far as recoil control vs. the sights tracking consistently ... aren't they on a fundamental level the same thing? ... Maybe it's a semantics issue.

Yes, semantics. To most people reading this tread, I'd bet that "recoil control" means "stopping the gun from flipping as high." This is why people get obsessed with high grips and too much upper-body tension. True recoil control (consistent front-sight tracking and returning on target) is a matter of will power and experience. How we grip and our strength are only tools to make it consistent. It took me about 20 thousand rounds and a couple of years to figure that out....

As far as simple goes, ... Again, we have a semantics issue

yup... I think we're on the same page once we get passed the "words."

stick both thumbs upward/vertically, which also can work quite well.

exercise... without anything in your weak hand, hold it out as if gripping the pistol, and cant the wrist down as much as possible as you should be doing in your grip. Stick your thumb up in the air. Now stick it forward. Which compliments the goal of canting the WH down?

does work quite well = work best?
    :@ya:

Now I'm off to the basement to dryfire.....

-rvb

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

but what kind of maniac tries to shoot a Beretta? :D

snip.

What??!! Not an idiot, sir, rather a connoisseur, a person who appreciates what is truly a fine combat handgun without having to drink the plastic gun koolaid. Tupperware is, of course, an implement for a woman's kitchen, not a fine gun!

Beretta... buttery smooth, more accurate, at least as reliable if not more so. The firearm for the thinking man :D

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I just bought a new tactical polymer pistol case and some tactical woven cotton wipes to keep my new assault pistol safe and clean. They cost an arm and a leg but I think they will improve my accuracy and precision! I just ordered a tactical magazine loader on e-bay that is supposed to make loading my magazine more, um, tactical. I hope it gets her before the zombies arrive or I will be screwed. I haven't shot the new pistol yet but I'm expecting to place in the top 3 at my first IDPA comp.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What??!! Not an idiot, sir, rather a connoisseur, a person who appreciates what is truly a fine combat handgun without having to drink the plastic gun koolaid. Tupperware is, of course, an implement for a woman's kitchen, not a fine gun!

Beretta... buttery smooth, more accurate, at least as reliable if not more so. The firearm for the thinking man :D

Berettas are so huge that I have to change my grip if I want to shoot them. I hold them with my two paws like a sippy cup and pull the trigger with both forefingers. Glocks are, of course, almost as huge, yet also shaped like a brick to enhance my inability to grip them properly and reach the trigger at the same time. :D

By the way ... if you want to see someone really shoot a Beretta well, go to a match when rvb is shooting. I met him in March for the first time and we were on the same squad for a match. It's impressive and a significant part of that is his grip!

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Possibly one of the best videos he has put out.
    When you hold a golf club you tend to tense up and grip the club hard. On top of that one tends to swing harder but not faster. This usually lead to bad shot(s). Jack Nicklaus said from 1-10 his grip pressure was a 2.

There we have managed to have a gun and golf lesson all within a few posts.

I plan to make sure N-E-S-W is used next time I go to the range.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom