• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Looking for feedback on the following companies. Xtreme Bullets, Berrys, and Rainer... I stick with SNS for all lead bullets, but have not made a decision on jacketed bullets. Does anyone have an opinion or thoughts on the best bullet for range fun and plinking? I would be buying in bulk!

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I've shot thousands of both Ranier and extreme in 9mm,40, and 44mag.

Dollar for dollar, I found the Ranier aren't worth the premium price over the extreme.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've shot thousands of both Ranier and extreme in 9mm,40, and 44mag.

Dollar for dollar, I found the Ranier aren't worth the premium price over the extreme.

I bought bulk re-packaged Ranier boolits from Midway.
    They didn't seem any more expensive than the rest.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I bought bulk re-packaged Ranier boolits from Midway.
    They didn't seem any more expensive than the rest.

I got them (ranier) during the panic, and may have overpaid at the time. Nowadays, I order extremes on black Friday every year and save 15%. So yeah, I may be doing some apples to oranges comparison.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have used all three listed above.
    Rainer is probably the best out of the list but also pricy for normal purchases.

Xtreme and Berrys are close but have some subtle differences. Berrys seem to be closer to the advertised weight more consistent than Xtreme.

Xtreme are a little easier to get to sit straight in the case at the bullet seating station due to a slightly different profile on the bottom of the bullet.

I prefer Bullet Reloading Supplies | Rocky Mountain Reloading They are a family run business by a fellow shooter and reloader. Jacob Wilcox is the owner and more than happy to take your call and talk about the bullets and offer any assistance he can.

They were an Xtreme dealer but parted ways with them and started making their own lead bullets and have Match Grade quality bullets for the same price as Xtreme and Berrys. They currently have Federal Hydra-Shok new bullets for $108 per 500 185 Gr .452 bullets.

I have bought about 40,000 bullets from them with no issues. They ship super fast too, it's never more than 2 or 3 days before I get the bullets. I have no affiliation with these guys other than great products and service to pass along to my INGO friends.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I know the Xtreme bullets are only rated up to certain FPS. (although they have some with heavy plating for magnum loads, etc)
    I didn't notice caliber/velocity in the OP.

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    Ranier must have improved a lot over the past 8 years. When I started reloading, I started with Ranier and had issues with plating peeling away if I didn't have the case bell just right.
    Never used Xtreme, but have used Berry's with no issues.
    Now I mostly use coated cast bullets from Missouri Bullet Company.

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    Since I mostly shoot 9mm, I can buy cast bullets for about 5.6 cents/round. It's hard to justify the health risk and cost of the equipment for the limited savings by casting my own.

Top Bottom