• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Looking for feedback on the following companies. Xtreme Bullets, Berrys, and Rainer... I stick with SNS for all lead bullets, but have not made a decision on jacketed bullets. Does anyone have an opinion or thoughts on the best bullet for range fun and plinking? I would be buying in bulk!

I have nothing but great things to say about Xtreme. I've chosen them over Rainier since I found them at a gun show about 5 years ago. The Rainier's that I got came looking old and dirty, although that didn't effect how they shot, I like to open a box of projectiles and be somewhat blinded by the shininess of them.

I would tend to agree that there is quite some weight variation, but that is completely common and expected when talking about plated bullets. As well as the velocity limit on them, but you shouldn't have any problems if you are reloading straight walled pistol rounds. Even Speer Gold Dots are copper plated.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Xtreme will be less expensive, as others have already mentioned, but at the same quality as Rainier and Berry's. To avoid paying for shipping for Xtreme, just wait till the next 1500. There are almost always a few different tables that have Xtreme bullets for sale. Bobcat Steel had a table with a ton at the last gun show.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Xtreme will be less expensive, as others have already mentioned, but at the same quality as Rainier and Berry's. To avoid paying for shipping for Xtreme, just wait till the next 1500. There are almost always a few different tables that have Xtreme bullets for sale. Bobcat Steel had a table with a ton at the last gun show.

I haven't been to a show for a couple of years, so unless they changed it, paying to get into the show is more expensive than the $5.95 flat rate shipping that Xtreme charges, plus they usually have free shipping on all orders up to $1,500 at least once a month.

ETA: They have free shipping right now.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I haven't been to a show for a couple of years, so unless they changed it, paying to get into the show is more expensive than the $5.95 flat rate shipping that Xtreme charges, plus they usually have free shipping on all orders up to $1,500 at least once a month.

ETA: They have free shipping right now.

Our shop doesn't have an entry fee, FYI. No need to wait for the 1500.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Check out Precision Delta. If you buy 2 or more cases you can get the per bullet price down to about the same as plated - and they are jacketed. Coated Bullets such as Bayou Bullets perform better than plated and are cheaper. Personally I have never understood the attraction of plated....

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I've loaded thousands of Xtreme plated bullets in .45, .38 and .44 all with great success. I bought a lot of them from Bobcat Steel and their prices are within a couple of $$ for what you can get online. Plus no shipping fees and no waiting and you support a local business and INGO supporter.

ArmyADub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Greenwood
    Check out Precision Delta. If you buy 2 or more cases you can get the per bullet price down to about the same as plated - and they are jacketed. Coated Bullets such as Bayou Bullets perform better than plated and are cheaper. Personally I have never understood the attraction of plated....

Coated bullets seem to be the new hotness for pistol guys, particularly those who reload/shoot a lot. Blue bullets, SNS Casting, Black bullets, I'm sure there are others I can't remember.

Anecdotally, I'm approaching 15k loaded and shot of Black Bullets. And they run me $0.09/round for .40 S&W 180 gr. My gun has been super easy to clean each time. Really hard to beat that price/performance....

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Yes... Coated bullets are cheap, accurate, and less powder to make PF=less recoil. I almost only shoot coated (SnS Casting or Bayou) at this point.

Top Bottom