• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    So my son (15) would like to carry a gun at this rally. I explained to him that it's not legal to do so. He's pretty bummed - could he carry his air rifle? He's got a pellet gun - or do you think it's a bad idea?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What IC says that a minor can not carry an unloaded rifle? I am not trying to stir things up. It was my impression that minors could still hunt unaccompanied. When I was young it was not uncommon to see a couple of older teens carrying their shotguns from home to the marshes and back.

And that was in New Jersey. But that was in New Jersey. I do not if it was or is that way in Indiana.

IC 35-47-10-1 has a limited list of reasons a minor (under 18) may be in possession of a firearm and limits on where
    - perhaps these are postive defences against a general prohibition of kids in possession of a firearm.

Anyway - - hunting is one - political protests are not covered ... BUT - I still see nothing about AirGuns ... Paging KIRK / GUY / FARGO
    I remember Kimball showed up at one IMAGC rally with his kid wanting to carry her pink Cricket - he ended up carrying it (and her, I think).

I am still searching and need input on Kids carrying airguns ... perhaps a sign - with a gripe about the laws - would be effective.
    Infact - it kinda could go w/ the whole - wanting to raise the age to 21 thing. ... but not sure yet.

He would be very mindful of muzzle control.

Several ingo members can vouch for his safe handling practices as we've been shooting with lots of members over the years.

I'll wait for your reply and guidance before letting him know one way or the other.

Thanks for checking into this for me.

Daddymikey - realized I hadn't addressed this yet.

I'm sure your son would do well w/ muzzle control and trigger discipline ... Good kids get it ...
    I did at that age (hunted for 4 yrs with a Shotgun w/ failed mechanical safety - it was my dad when i got a new shotgun the next year that we discovered the problem).

I Cannot find anything on this - SO - I also asked the other hosts and was - we pretty much agree that adding airguns and kids gets into the wrong message.
    Even the host - is only having her teen carry signs. I thinks some good word-craft and teenage creativity would be great - even better than 1 more gun.
    So, I'd ask that he stick to signs ... even knowing he may be big enough for this not to be even noticed and then no one would probably say a word. ...

Being free is a tough thing - so is parenting ... Individual Liberty and Civic Responsibility ... Hope that's a good answer.

And Firearms are a definite NO under 18 ...

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Daddymikey - realized I hadn't addressed this yet.

I'm sure your son would do well w/ muzzle control and trigger discipline ... Good kids get it ...
    I did at that age (hunted for 4 yrs with a Shotgun w/ failed mechanical safety - it was my dad when i got a new shotgun the next year that we discovered the problem).

I Cannot find anything on this - SO - I also asked the other hosts and was - we pretty much agree that adding airguns and kids gets into the wrong message.
    Even the host - is only having her teen carry signs. I thinks some good word-craft and teenage creativity would be great - even better than 1 more gun.
    So, I'd ask that he stick to signs ... even knowing he may be big enough for this not to be even noticed and then no one would probably say a word. ...

Being free is a tough thing - so is parenting ... Individual Liberty and Civic Responsibility ... Hope that's a good answer.

And Firearms are a definite NO under 18 ...
    I understand and appreciate the well thought out reply.

I'm glad I asked first.

See you guys there!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    From the "RALLY POLL" and questions there - I put a post together - also we have a flyer ... (I don't do flyers):

Link to post: https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/1621714771253745

Text (w thanks in Other thread to for questions - they're from that discussion):

RALLY CRY – RALLY WHY - RALLY UP!!!!!! – SATURDAY APRIL 14 2 PM – EDT (Local Indianapolis) – SHARE AND INVITE !!!

So I saw (and responded to) questions on a forum – that I thought might help some make up their minds to show up and see the importance of this event. A person said:

“Honest question, what is the core goal of this? I fully support the 2A and went to one of these a couple years ago, rifle slung and all. Didn't seem like it had much impact and almost like it shed the wrong light on the group. Feel like people look at these like I view the feminist marches like "wow, what a bunch of idiots". Again, all about our constitutional rights here. Just a minor concern based on a brief observation.”
    And in a second post (after another gave some reply):
    “I guess that's why I'm asking what the goal here is. If it’s informing the public by speaking truth and facts a rally just doesn't seem to be a great tool. At the same time if it's making a bold stance to show Americans are serious about their 2A rights, I think it’s “BS” to leave your rifle at home to cater to the current PC world.”
    And later this was added:
    “Don't really care if anyone carry's guns or not. After doing so last time I thought it was a little pointless TBO (to be honest). The rally script just seemed to have a bit of a pc vibe to me is all.”

As I said I gave a reply; something along these lines:
    1. Partly it is to SHOW - Legislators we are serious - and we are not "just a few squeaky voices" - but rather a large contingent of a great cross-section of law-abiding Americans.
    2. Partly, it is to SHOW - the media - and the world - that many of us - CHOOSE to live a prepared life - that mean and includes being prepared and armed. (As noted in the "DRESS" section of the event’s pinned post, see link).
    3. Partly, it is to PROMOTE – alternative ideas – to “gun control” – that we feel will better serve to protect ALL of us, our children, schools and our communities.
    4. Partly, it is to MOTIVATE - more 2A supporters and gun owners - to GET OFF THE COUCH - and get involved.
    It is a 'kick-off’ to get people involved, informed and prepared - for the likely US House and Senate debates on gun rights and infringements - that is anticipated soon.
    5. And Lastly – it is to provide information to others that may not be soley involved in Social Media (or similar venues) that WE THE PEOPLE – still support our Constitutional rights – and were they can get involved.

A favorite quote of mine is this: "The responsibility for freedom lies with all free people"
    (though I’ve never been able to find an attribution.)

OUR FOUNDERS, who set up this system; they gave us these tools and opportunities to address our government. But they didn’t just line up to petition and rally; they formed lines at the risk of getting shot. Our Founders EXPECTED US to participate in our legislative and civic processes. A process largely neglected. And part of this is RALLYING / PUBLIC PETITION to jealously protect our rights from the government overreach.

We’ve all heard about the “4 Boxes” that Protect Our Freedom (well IMO, 5 Boxes, see link at end).
    In reverse order – ammo box, jury box, ballot box, SOAP BOX, MAIL BOX (e-mail box)
    (The last being the forgotten box).
    But, discussions and info from our legislators (yes plural!) is that the MAIL BOX is not working on its own; and not enough are using the SOAP BOX. They do not hear sufficiently from our side. Many of them care more about the “democratic-ness” of serving the masses than following the whole of the “republic” as created and limited by state or federal constitutions, and serving within those boundaries. We need to get people involved and out of their “Echo-Chamber” bubbles of comfort; and be actively pursuing the goal that the government stays within the bounds set for it.

SO – Please share (internet, Facebook, in-person, at clubs, everywhere) ALL AROUND. Let people know; Invite your friends. Comment on the event and ask question. We hope you’ll share this post and the event. If you cannot go but support it – please sign in as “interested”.

Thank you – IN LIBERTY –
    --- BB3

Link to the EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/915216518655757

Link to EVENT PINNED POST: https://www.facebook.com/events/915216518655757/permalink/915646561946086/

Link to 5 Boxes of Freedom: http://www.facebook.com/IndianaMoms...8.1073741825.409475612477673/739815386110359/

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I hope it doesn't snow.

I think I might bring a rifle. It will probably be something old, both of my AR's are under construction and have no sling mounts yet. The SVT-40 maybe?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    So a Massachusetts judge says that the AR-15 falls outside the scope of the 2nd Amendment because military weapons have no constitutional protection.

This had made up my mind what to bring to the rally. I'm going to dress Cowboy and bring the firearms that I shoot in competition, to wit: my Colt Single Action Armies and a Trapdoor Springfield.

Both of these arms are "weapons of war" and "battlefield weapons" that were designed for the military to "kill as many people as possible." My hoglegs even have the word "army" in their names. What more proof is there than that?

According to this judge's decision, can these arms not be banned as well?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So a Massachusetts judge says that the AR-15 falls outside the scope of the 2nd Amendment because military weapons have no constitutional protection.

This had made up my mind what to bring to the rally. I'm going to dress Cowboy and bring the firearms that I shoot in competition, to wit: my Colt Single Action Armies and a Trapdoor Springfield.

Both of these arms are "weapons of war" and "battlefield weapons" that were designed for the military to "kill as many people as possible." My hoglegs even have the word "army" in their names. What more proof is there than that?

You bring up a good point LS. My Dad's 1898 Springfield from 1901 was issued to the military. One's much like it went up San Juan Hill and were used in the Philippines. My AR looks like an M-16, it just doesn't act like an M-16. "In common use" seems be lost on that MA judge.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Just wait. They'll get around to those. They're just using the political cover they have for now to do as much as they can, while they can.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Proposed Indianapolis resolution calls for state lawmakers to ban

[FONT=&quot]Councilor William Oliver, who serves District 9 on the north side, said while he's pro-Second Amendment, he's pushing for his resolution in the wake of the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting on Feb. 14 and the subsequent student-led March for Our Lives rallies locally and nationwide.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Let the public weigh in on this discussion. Right now, we don't have a hearing,” the councilman said.[/FONT]

I was planning on just OCing my EDC pistol and having a new sign, but now I am seriously considering carrying my INSs custom AR ... as well.

The message and point must be made clearly, firmly, and visually.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I am surprised the Youtubers are not jumping on this. Tim from MAC has been silent and so are the other large channels. Sootch00 posted something on FB or Patreon the other day, but not much else. They often complain about the lack of activism, but did not take advantage of the grass roots activism here.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom