• ...and so much more!
  • Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    On the stolen truck thread there was a discussion about avoiding prison . I mentioned that I had been inside Folsom Max area. On the way out I stopped in their museum/store. It had art work, furniture, etc for sale the inmates had made. Lots of time on their hands. Some was really nice.

Another room had a display of items taken from inmates. Knives, brass knuckles, guns. Have to appreciate their inventiveness with limited resources.

On the wall was a sort of diving suit. It was made from rain coats/pants with a garden hose and float for breathing. The description said an inmate was tasked with working on the Folsom Dam and was going to escape. His plan was to wear the suit and jump into the water and hide until he could get away. It worked to a point.

Turns out the hose was too short. He used weights to hold himself down and drowned before he could get back to the surface. They found him a couple days later if I recall.
    1690705153445.png

Don

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I've been to Folsom prison. But it was to visit my uncle who was an inmate there. He told stories that an 11 year old should never hear. He wasn't very good at thinking things through either.

Top Bottom