• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    Well Guys the primer shortage is over. I walked in Bass Pro Shop today in Portage and Wow all the primers you could want. CCI, Federal and Remington SPP, SRP, LRP
    and LPP. I never seen so many primers at on time. Now the only shortage is going to be cash to buy them $86.99 to $99.99 a brick. They also have a lot of powder also priced $29.99 and up

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well Guys the primer shortage is over. I walked in Bass Pro Shop today in Portage and Wow all the primers you could want. CCI, Federal and Remington SPP, SRP, LRP
    and LPP. I never seen so many primers at on time. Now the only shortage is going to be cash to buy them $86.99 to $99.99 a brick. They also have a lot of powder also priced $29.99 and up
    Hopefully as they sit on shelves and in warehouses, prices will drop!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

$350 for 5000 = 0.07 cents a primer.
    Free shipping, and no hazmat fee, or sales tax.
    I know you are having good success with those but after my experience with Fort Smith primers, I decided it's only top name brands from now on. Preferably Federal's so I know I'm good to go in my revolver.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I know you are having good success with those but after my experience with Fort Smith primers, I decided it's only top name brands from now on. Preferably Federal's so I know I'm good to go in my revolver.
    These are from Bosnia not Argentina.

The Argentine primers I have a lot more to shoot. So far we're upto 13 hard primers and 3 dead primers.
    IIRC I believe I'm at around 800 rds shot so far.
    I'm keeping 100 primers to be loaded in 5.56 to see how they work for rifle primers.

Edit
    Oh, and in one 100 pack I had 5 hard primers, and 3 dead ones the last 100 I loaded up.
    So it seems it can happen at any time. Over all if they are half price of good quality primers I think they are worth it for range only.

Last edited:

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I still have Wolf primers that I bought in 2011 just prior to Obummer’s second term. That being said, I’ve used Fiocchi primers too. Both of those went bang every single time.
    These wouldn’t bother me to try.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I think that last time I bought primers, they were something like $40/1000.

Now I'm down to my last hundred or so LPPs and am hoping prices will come back down before I run out of ammo.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We have burned tens of thousands of S&B and Fiocchi SP and SR primers over the last years. Zero issues.
    I picked up a few cases of these from Brian just before it got stupid this time. Ive been running one of the 650's for an hour or so daily the last 8-10 days.
    They are for my #2 to shoot when hes home for a bit at the end of the month.
    His last two quals hes been high man on the range.
    20230504_100255.jpg
    20230504_100328.jpg
    IMG-20230216-WA0001.jpg IMG-20230216-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll pass for now. Sounds like a QC issue they need to work out without me.
    Yeah, those numbers are probably close to what I am seeing with the Fort Smiths. But at times I can't even get through a drill without several "dead" rounds. I usually toss 3-4 in the "live round" barrel every range session.

This is not acceptable to me. I pride myself on loading rounds that work every time. Until I started using these primers, I never had a bad round.

I load on a single stage with many redundant processes and case check every round. I just don't have ammo failures.

The upside is that I get practice clearing malfunctions!

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Sportsman’s Warehouse in Fort Wayne. CCI and Remington small pistol primers $5.50/100. Limit 2. Have several cases in stock as of Noon today

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Big shipment just came in.

Large pistol, large rifle, small pistol, small rifle, 209 shotgun, 50 BMG, #11 magnum percussion caps, 4-wing musket caps, 209 muzzle loader primers, WE HAVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!

Unis Ginex,
    CCI,
    Fiocchi,
    Remington,
    Cheddite and
    Winchester.

Prices range from $68.23 + tax to $107.48 + tax per 1,000 for pistol and rifle primers (not including .50 BMG primers). Unis Ginex large pistol and large rifle are $89.72 + tax.

Large pistol and large rifle are LIMIT 1,000 each per customer.

No other limits.

All of the pistol and rifle primers are standard, no magnums.

Oh yeah, we got lots of other stuff too (multiple pallets).
    KIMG0160.JPG

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI

Large pistol, large rifle, small pistol, small rifle, 209 shotgun, 50 BMG, #11 magnum percussion caps, 4-wing musket caps, 209 muzzle loader primers, WE HAVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!

Unis Ginex,
    CCI,
    Fiocchi,
    Remington,
    Cheddite and
    Winchester.

Prices range from $68.23 + tax to $107.48 + tax per 1,000 for pistol and rifle primers (not including .50 BMG primers). Unis Ginex large pistol and large rifle are $89.72 + tax.

No other limits.

View attachment 275138
    Did you get any Unique this time around? Haven't come across any in 2 years

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland

Unis Ginex,
    CCI,
    Fiocchi,
    Remington,
    Cheddite and
    Winchester.

No other limits.

View attachment 275138
    I need a towel.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Did you get any Unique this time around? Haven't come across any in 2 years
    No, we got some Unique about 6 months ago. It lasted about 20 minutes.
    Alliant powders in general have been extremely difficult to get. I think in the last 2 years we might have gotten three or four shipments of Alliant powder. Most of the popular powders sell out in less than a day when we get them (even though I put limits on them).

Alliant is owned by Vista outdoor sales.
    Vista outdoor sales also owns Federal, Remington, CCI, Speer and many other firearms related companies. We are getting Alliant gunpowder, it's just already loaded in ammunition. The big companies are not going to sell components if they still have ammo back orders, that's why it's been so difficult to get primers.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Cabelas in hammond has been stocked really nice the last few times i went in there. Reasonable prices (for the market) and no HAZMAT shipping fee.
    If they don't fly out of here and I have plenty to keep the store stocked, I'll be bringing primers to the Crown Point gun show on the 20th and 21st of this month. I always prioritize my local customers first, but as long as there are plenty to go around I will bring them to shows.

Top Bottom