• ...and so much more!
  • 76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    + Tax,

That is the same or higher than Brownells small orders WITH hazmat, shipping & tax
    Oh, I’m well aware sir. These prices are beyond insane and only seem to be getting worse.

TSUSA WERE the only ones l’ve seen to offer Federal brand in a while though, and I exclusively use Federal for Lg & Sm pistol...so if I needed them, I would have had to bite the pillow.

I was lucky that my gut told me to buy 20,000 SPP mid-March 2020 to accompany my rifle primer hoard...at the time I didn’t really see myself using the pistol primers as much as I have, and basically bought them as a trade item...but we all know what happened to ammo supply.

Been getting a LOT of use out of the RF-100 primer loader you sold me though!

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Me and my son were at Cabelas and I noticed they had primers in stock. They have a 500pc limit per person so I grabbed 500 and so did my son. They also had some H4831SC so i picked up a pound of it. I was completely shocked when i went to pay for everything! For 1,000 small pistol primers it was $97 with tax and the powder wasn't as bad at $42.80 with tax. Makes me sick to know I was getting primers 2 years ago for $33. As we all know, once the prices go up, they will not go down to what they used to be. I am the kind of guy that shoots to reload...LOL If it wasn't for that, I would just buy all my 9mm, 10mm, 308, 5.56, and just single stage load for all my other calibers. I could buy a lot of ammo if I were to sell my Dillon 750 and Dillon RL1100 with Mark 7 autodrive and Mr. Bullet Feeder.......SMH

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Me and my son were at Cabelas and I noticed they had primers in stock. They have a 500pc limit per person so I grabbed 500 and so did my son. They also had some H4831SC so i picked up a pound of it. I was completely shocked when i went to pay for everything! For 1,000 small pistol primers it was $97 with tax and the powder wasn't as bad at $42.80 with tax. Makes me sick to know I was getting primers 2 years ago for $33. As we all know, once the prices go up, they will not go down to what they used to be. I am the kind of guy that shoots to reload...LOL If it wasn't for that, I would just buy all my 9mm, 10mm, 308, 5.56, and just single stage load for all my other calibers. I could buy a lot of ammo if I were to sell my Dillon 750 and Dillon RL1100 with Mark 7 autodrive and Mr. Bullet Feeder.......SMH

I’m in the same boat with enjoying reloading as much of not more than actual shooting. It’s the thrill of the chase for me...finding that perfect bullet/powder combination to get the hits in the x-ring every time.

Here’s to hoping this isn’t permanent!

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    November 2022 will let us know if this will remain permanent or not.
    I’m not sure it’s that easy, unfortunately.

Why would ammo prices be coming down, but primer prices doubling from where they were already doubled 1.5 years ago.

The TSUSA sales were extremely unsettling to me. If people are willing to pay $600 for what I was paying $150 for only two short years ago, that doesn’t necessarily put my mind in a good place with regard to manufacturers being able to supply demand at all any longer. I suppose there will come a point where people aren’t willing to spend $.12/primer any more, but I doubt prices will ever even get back around $50/1000.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’m not sure it’s that easy, unfortunately.

Why would ammo prices be coming down, but primer prices doubling from where they were already doubled 1.5 years ago.

The TSUSA sales were extremely unsettling to me. If people are willing to pay $600 for what I was paying $150 for only two short years ago, that doesn’t necessarily put my mind in a good place with regard to manufacturers being able to supply demand at all any longer. I suppose there will come a point where people aren’t willing to spend $.12/primer any more, but I doubt prices will ever even get back around $50/1000.
    When people feel their gun rights are safe gun and ammunition sales will drop again so will prices because the demand is no longer there. There will be plenty of primers, ammunition, and firearms once the manufacturers get caught up.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    We've been through this before. I learned last time and stocked up. I'll wait it out and stock again. Will we see $30.00/1000? Nope. I foresee double that. But my stock won't cost my kids a dime.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We've been through this before. I learned last time and stocked up. I'll wait it out and stock again. Will we see $30.00/1000? Nope. I foresee double that. But my stock won't cost my kids a dime.
    "We" have not been through this before. There are millions of new firearms enthusiasts who had no idea that products would be so scare or triple and quadruple in price.

And even folks like me that for years was shooting a few thousand rounds per year, 5-10k primers was adequate. Now that I've increased to 8-10k per year, not including factory consumption, my small stock became inadequate.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have been going thru all my reloaded ammo and factory the last couple weeks, came across 4of the 50 cal plastic ammo boxes all full of cci primers, after finding them i remember i think i bought them in 2013 and just put them back for rainy days well with prices the way they are its a good find now i think i might be a reloading hoarder whatcha all think? I need to do a better job of organization so i will know where everything is.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I have been going thru all my reloaded ammo and factory the last couple weeks, came across 4of the 50 cal plastic ammo boxes all full of cci primers, after finding them i remember i think i bought them in 2013 and just put them back for rainy days well with prices the way they are its a good find now i think i might be a reloading hoarder whatcha all think? I need to do a better job of organization so i will know where everything is.
    A Primer Baron! Your a rich man! Lol

Top Bottom