• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    None of the notification systems I have used are viable in the current market, too much delay. I have seen things I have been looking for go live on the site only to not receive any email or receive one long after they are sold out again.
    That was my experience, too. I had success just bookmarking what I wanted on several sites and then anytime I was at the computer and thought of it I would just check and if it showed in stock I ordered immediately. The notifications would always come long after they were sold out. The action around pills is not quite as frenzied but for certain types (mostly rifle) I had to do the same thing as the notices were too slow

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Yes prices are going up, also have seen powder prices increase weekly also is it just the devaluation of the dollar, inflation caused or greed or something to do with our shady present govt administration or all above????????

I have noticed powder prices up $15-$20 per pound and when you can find primers, places like Midway, Brownells, ect have marked standard primer prices up to $74.99 when they used to be half that cost. I just cannot see the cost of production increasing that much. They are capitalizing and taking advantage of the consumers. Unfortunately, I would gladly pay $75 per 1,000 right now for small rifle/pistol primers....SAD

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have noticed powder prices up $15-$20 per pound and when you can find primers, places like Midway, Brownells, ect have marked standard primer prices up to $74.99 when they used to be half that cost. I just cannot see the cost of production increasing that much. They are capitalizing and taking advantage of the consumers. Unfortunately, I would gladly pay $75 per 1,000 right now for small rifle/pistol primers....SAD

Retailers are no doubt in a tough spot & making some hard choices.

In the past when they were selling primers for .04 each, then selling out in minutes to see them show up on gunbroker & other sites for .10 each. Some of the original sales no doubt went to consumers who are going to load them while (my best guess) the majority went to those who are flipping them. (Not wanting this to get into a discussion about capitalism, just an observation).

They are in the business to make a profit, if they raise the price they are more profitable & more product ends up in the hands that are going to load them instead of flippers acting as middlemen.

Separate note, what does everyone think is going to happen to prices of ammo & reloading components when China goes into Taiwan & Russia into Ukraine? I believe they will shoot up even more with current prices becoming the new "prepanic" baseline.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Retailers are no doubt in a tough spot & making some hard choices.

In the past when they were selling primers for .04 each, then selling out in minutes to see them show up on gunbroker & other sites for .10 each. Some of the original sales no doubt went to consumers who are going to load them while (my best guess) the majority went to those who are flipping them. (Not wanting this to get into a discussion about capitalism, just an observation).

They are in the business to make a profit, if they raise the price they are more profitable & more product ends up in the hands that are going to load them instead of flippers acting as middlemen.

Separate note, what does everyone think is going to happen to prices of ammo & reloading components when China goes into Taiwan & Russia into Ukraine? I believe they will shoot up even more with current prices becoming the new "prepanic" baseline.
    Good points. All I know for me, is there may come a time when I have to walk away from shooting as a hobby.

Unless I can achieve my goal of getting heavily stocked up pre-retirement so I have enough components to last me throughout my retirement/able to shoot years, I will have to retire from shooting even before I retire from my career.

I need to look to hobbies that don't consume lots of dollars on a weekly basis. Sure I can afford a range membership, event fees if I decide to compete, gas to get there and all that, but adding another $100 in ammo costs would make a Saturday or Sunday to rich for my status.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Good points. All I know for me, is there may come a time when I have to walk away from shooting as a hobby.

Unless I can achieve my goal of getting heavily stocked up pre-retirement so I have enough components to last me throughout my retirement/able to shoot years, I will have to retire from shooting even before I retire from my career.

I need to look to hobbies that don't consume lots of dollars on a weekly basis. Sure I can afford a range membership, event fees if I decide to compete, gas to get there and all that, but adding another $100 in ammo costs would make a Saturday or Sunday to rich for my status.

Could be worse. You could own a boat.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Two happiest days of a boat-owner's life - the day you buy it and the day you sell it
    I've heard that my whole like but I must be the lucky one. My boat is the best money I've ever spent. I sold my 69 Camaro in 1992 and bought my boat. Still looks and runs like new.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've heard that my whole like but I must be the lucky one. My boat is the best money I've ever spent. I sold my 69 Camaro in 1992 and bought my boat. Still looks and runs like new.
    Yeah, my brother's have had boats for as long as I can remember. They certainly don't share that sentiment.

Top Bottom