code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    E Pluribus Unum is the kryptonite of identitarian political gamesmanship

That's why the attacks upon patriotism are so relentless
    It's supposed to be a motto just to say one nation from many states. To me, it emphasizes the ideas behind federalism. Out of many states, one nation. But, I've seen identitarian progressives using it to claim a more collectivist meaning, and deriving from it support of diversity/inclusion/equity. And it's just a hop, skip and jump right straight to Oppression Olympics.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's supposed to be a motto just to say one nation from many states. To me, it emphasizes the ideas behind federalism. Out of many states, one nation. But, I've seen identitarian progressives using it to claim a more collectivist meaning, and deriving from it support of diversity/inclusion/equity. And it's just a hop, skip and jump right straight to Oppression Olympics.
    I've always taken it to also refer to the melting pot, the forging of one nationality and loyalty - American - from the many nationalities that emigrate here

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We call it "grooming".
    About that. My first thoughts when I heard conservatives call it grooming was, eh, not really. When people talk about grooming in that way, they're talking about perverts conditioning kids to be more receptive of their sexual advances at some point. But in this case, it's not like trans people are setting kids up to be molested by them.

But then, if we just look at the broader meaning of grooming, like preparing someone for a certain role, as a leader grooming a protege to take over a business. Somewhere between that and pervert grooming, is what this is.

In this case, these LGBT activist adults are conditioning kids through subversive means, to accept a gender identity that they probably wouldn't have chosen without the subversion. So yeah, that's grooming all day long. And that's perversion to its core. It's exploiting the innocent proclivity of children to trust and accept what adults tell them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've always taken it to also refer to the melting pot, the forging of one nationality and loyalty - American - from the many nationalities that emigrate here
    I suspect that the founders might have thought of it differently amongst themselves. The out of many states, one, concept, is how it was conceived according to history books. That's how it was taught to me in K-12. Also it has the thinking of national loyalty as well. That seems obvious.

As far as the idea of melting pots, there's not a national melting pot. I've lived in a lot of different states in different regions of the country. It looks to me more like it's maybe a half dozen melting pots. There's a local culture and sense of loyalty to that culture. Especially in the South. Even so, there has been a sort of sense of belonging that goes beyond the local cultures. So that's at least some sense of national pride and loyalty.

Many progressives devalue any sense of national pride or loyalty. I'm probably not as strong as others on that. In other words, some people think in terms of, "my country right or wrong." I think more in terms of "my country when right." I will not condone wrongdoing just because it's my country. But that doesn't mean I would forsake it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I suspect that the founders might have thought of it differently amongst themselves. The out of many states, one, concept, is how it was conceived according to history books. That's how it was taught to me in K-12. Also it has the thinking of national loyalty as well. That seems obvious.

As far as the idea of melting pots, there's not a national melting pot. I've lived in a lot of different states in different regions of the country. It looks to me more like it's maybe a half dozen melting pots. There's a local culture and sense of loyalty to that culture. Especially in the South. Even so, there has been a sort of sense of belonging that goes beyond the local cultures. So that's at least some sense of national pride and loyalty.

Many progressives devalue any sense of national pride or loyalty. I'm probably not as strong as others on that. In other words, some people think in terms of, "my country right or wrong." I think more in terms of "my country when right." I will not condone wrongdoing just because it's my country. But that doesn't mean I would forsake it.
    Has your country ever done anything wrong? Or was it the fallible humans that were leading it at the time

And 'Out of many, one' doesn't mention any specifics and as such is less narrowly applicable than you believe

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    About that. My first thoughts when I heard conservatives call it grooming was, eh, not really. When people talk about grooming in that way, they're talking about perverts conditioning kids to be more receptive of their sexual advances at some point. But in this case, it's not like trans people are setting kids up to be molested by them.

But then, if we just look at the broader meaning of grooming, like preparing someone for a certain role, as a leader grooming a protege to take over a business. Somewhere between that and pervert grooming, is what this is.

In this case, these LGBT activist adults are conditioning kids through subversive means, to accept a gender identity that they probably wouldn't have chosen without the subversion. So yeah, that's grooming all day long. And that's perversion to its core. It's exploiting the innocent proclivity of children to trust and accept what adults tell them.
    Oh, I fully agree the term has evolved from what it was used for in the past. But, as I think you are saying, the methods and objectives have changed. In the spirit of recycling, reuse a term that has been used to describe a perverted activity to include other perversions.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Has your country ever done anything wrong? Or was it the fallible humans that were leading it at the time

And 'Out of many, one' doesn't mention any specifics and as such is less narrowly applicable than you believe
    That's a good point. The nation isn't really anything but the collection of people who belong to it, and that includes the leaders. You don't get to say it's my country except for those people who I don't like what they're doing.

About the motto, it wasn't conceived in a vacuum. People wrote about it. Out of 13 colonies came one nation. Out of many, one.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This reminds me of the “back the blue” folks. I back police officers doing the best they can to keep the peace. I don’t back police officers “just following orders” as they did in those places with the covid shutdown orders or those that are corrupted or those that cover for corruption.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, I fully agree the term has evolved from what it was used for in the past. But, as I think you are saying, the methods and objectives have changed. In the spirit of recycling, reuse a term that has been used to describe a perverted activity to include other perversions.
    Yeah, I'm saying the term fits, but I recognize that it's a re-adaptation of the word to include this too. It didn't used to mean pedo's conditioning kids to, you know. And then it was used for that and accepted as the term for that. I think it fits here too, for the reasons I gave.

But like I said, "grooming" doesn't need to be a perversion. The first I ever heard it being used for something other than primping in the mirror, was like the example I gave. A leader might groom a protege to take over their role when gone.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, I'm saying the term fits, but I recognize that it's a re-adaptation of the word to include this too. It didn't used to mean pedo's conditioning kids to, you know. And then it was used for that and accepted as the term for that. I think it fits here too, for the reasons I gave.

But like I said, "grooming" doesn't need to be a perversion. The first I ever heard it being used for something other than primping in the mirror, was like the example I gave. A leader might groom a protege to take over their role when gone.
    Yeah, “gay” didn’t used to mean what it means now. Neither, apparently when you listen to the way anti-gun people talk, did semi-automatic. ;)

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    case in point...

e4e3b26b6f4df481a5d3430b5b4f3051.jpg
    He was my favorite driver back in the day, too. Now it all makes sense.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So while US-based CEOs tell American viewers that they are advocates of the LGBTQIA+, they are leading other countries to believe the opposite. These corporations will promote whichever belief is financially advantageous at a given time, no matter the hypocrisy or the inconsistency.

And in the US, the consensus strategy is to propagate whichever trend is circulating inside the halls of wokeness. So supporting marginalized groups is in vogue here. In other places, not so much.

Human rights are a ploy to the industries that market around them.

Fear is the only explanation for this level of fraudulence. Just as social media users instinctively support the latest progressive trend through mass formation psychosis, executive marks do out of fear.

Front-facing business figures remain gravely afraid of the journalists and advocates who form the outrage mobs. Sitting suits have seen too many careers of their counterparts crater amid streams of outrage that emanate on Twitter. And they fear they are next and thus will champion any social movement to prevent that.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So while US-based CEOs tell American viewers that they are advocates of the LGBTQIA+, they are leading other countries to believe the opposite. These corporations will promote whichever belief is financially advantageous at a given time, no matter the hypocrisy or the inconsistency.

And in the US, the consensus strategy is to propagate whichever trend is circulating inside the halls of wokeness. So supporting marginalized groups is in vogue here. In other places, not so much.

Human rights are a ploy to the industries that market around them.

Fear is the only explanation for this level of fraudulence. Just as social media users instinctively support the latest progressive trend through mass formation psychosis, executive marks do out of fear.

Front-facing business figures remain gravely afraid of the journalists and advocates who form the outrage mobs. Sitting suits have seen too many careers of their counterparts crater amid streams of outrage that emanate on Twitter. And they fear they are next and thus will champion any social movement to prevent that.

Does this come as a surprise?

What did you expect?

Top Bottom