• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Getting a Mosin and an AK. What should i expect to pay for 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r ammo. Looking to get some tins to store away. Any recommendations on what type of ammo and where i can get it the cheapest? Thanks.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    For surplus x54r, about $80 a 440 round tin. For surplus x39 expect to pay about $.21 a round. Commercial x39 will run from about $.20/rd to about $.30/rd depending on brand for the imported stuff. Your best bet will be to get a small amount of anything you find and try it, then stock up what is best and available. When you do decide what you want, do some shopping around as shipping can vary greatly depending on your exact locale. In x54r I prefer Czech light ball (good luck finding it) and Yugo heavy ball, both seem to shoot at least acceptable in most rifles. In x39 I like Brown Bear. Be advised that all surplus is either round is corrosive so will require a little extra firearms cleaning immediately after shooting.

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    Our Catalog

I've rarely seen their prices beat. You have to send them a copy of your photo ID, but it is worth it. Shipping is reasonable and quick.

That is AimSurplus's Catalog. I am in no way affiliated (I wish I was though):D

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Actually with Aim you can register for an account and not have to send a copy of a photo i.d.
    Widener's is the same, and is another place the OP should checkout.
    Also look at Centerfire Systems, Copes Distributing, Southern Ohio Gun, Palmetto State Armory among many.

Top Bottom