KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I received an email today (not just me, all the NRA-ILA Frontlines Activist Leaders in 5 States) from David Conte (AKA my NRA-ILA POC.) Part of the email is in italics below.

While I don't see this at INGO, I think INGOers are the exception. We have to spread the word to those outside the friendly confines of INGO.

I wanted to provide a brief update on my recent travels across Pennsylvania, visiting Pittsburgh, Erie, Harrisburg, Allentown, Wilkes-Barre, and Philadelphia. During my trip, I had the opportunity to manage several events, including political update meetings and NRA 2A Days.

One significant observation from my trip, as well as my recent travels through Ohio, is the prevailing sense of apathy among gun owners. It's clear that many individuals are disengaged and indifferent to the upcoming election despite the significant implications for their Second Amendment rights. During my time at various gun stores, I engaged in numerous productive conversations with individuals who seemed unaware of critical developments, such as the ATF's recent rulemaking and the wave of litigation and legislation nationwide.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I wonder if David realizes the NRA-ILA has been lackluster at best when it comes to communicating and engaging with its members. Even if the message is clear and concise, when every new point is coupled to a plea for more money it's all the same message: please donate more.

Nobody's paying attention to the beggar who's working the same corner every evening.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Had some wins the last few years, especially in Red states. Constitutional carry, Bruen, free handgun permits, right to self defense. Throw in Wayne LaPierre ass-hattery (thankfully gone now) and the average gun owner may not feel like marching to battle.

Unfortunately the Left is always on the march and like water will find the cracks to undermine the Constitution.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I wonder if David realizes the NRA-ILA has been lackluster at best when it comes to communicating and engaging with its members. Even if the message is clear and concise, when every new point is coupled to a plea for more money it's all the same message: please donate more.

Nobody's paying attention to the beggar who's working the same corner every evening.
    Full stop: I've known David for years. What he does includes being on the road months at a time. He was here in Indiana when bailout Joe Donnelly became unemployed. He was in Virginia for 8 months when Glen Youngkin got elected.

Remember when the Sheriffs came and testified in support of ConC? Remember the NRA-ILA meeting in Rod Bray's backyard in Martinsville during the ConC fight in 2022? I do, because I was there. David Conte was behind the scenes on both.

Find another thread to ***** and moan in. This ain't the one.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK that pretty much killed the discussion, but it needed said.

If gun owners don't know the ATF is a rogue agency.

If they don't know about SCOTUS cases (including ones that could end non-violent felons being prohibited possessors, two of them.)

If they don't show up and vote.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Find another thread to ***** and moan in. This ain't the one.
    This isn't about that at all. And it's certainly not directed at your buddy personally. Maybe he's/they're doing excellent work...

But if the people you're serving aren't being made aware of your successes and future challenges, then you can't expect them to go search out all the hard work you've been doing.

Volunteer to go clean up the roadside, river or whatever. That's great for us. No signage or publicity about it? People will assume it was magic or more likely they'll assume there wasn't any problem to begin with.

That's just how the public in general is.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I received an email today (not just me, all the NRA-ILA Frontlines Activist Leaders in 5 States) from David Conte (AKA my NRA-ILA POC.) Part of the email is in italics below.

While I don't see this at INGO, I think INGOers are the exception. We have to spread the word to those outside the friendly confines of INGO.

I wanted to provide a brief update on my recent travels across Pennsylvania, visiting Pittsburgh, Erie, Harrisburg, Allentown, Wilkes-Barre, and Philadelphia. During my trip, I had the opportunity to manage several events, including political update meetings and NRA 2A Days.

One significant observation from my trip, as well as my recent travels through Ohio, is the prevailing sense of apathy among gun owners. It's clear that many individuals are disengaged and indifferent to the upcoming election despite the significant implications for their Second Amendment rights. During my time at various gun stores, I engaged in numerous productive conversations with individuals who seemed unaware of critical developments, such as the ATF's recent rulemaking and the wave of litigation and legislation nationwide.
    I get it. In my entire adult, politically aware life, I’m about as apathetic as I ever have been. I’m tired. I’m tired of following every outrage, announcement of the latest executive order, and every new proposed law to either do or undo something. I’m tired of every watching as some new regulation gets enacted and we’re helpless to do anything about it until, after years of endless court cases, appeals, en-banc reviews it may get overturned…or it may not.

On a apethic scale of 0-10 where 10 is comatose and 0 is fully engaged, I’m probably a 2. I realize there’s always been plenty of 9’s and 10’s and there’s nothing new about that. I’ve always considered myself “the average guy”. I‘ve noticed that if I’m curious, ignorant, worried, etc. about some thing, then there’s at least one other guy in the room that is too. So it follows that if my apathy has grown over the years, I do not find it surprising others, like me, has too.

I realize too that when we sit back and quit the fight the enemies will advance even faster. It’s probably just a season (for me and hopefully others). But I don’t remember ever having this attitude before.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A couple of observations.
    i think some of the apathy comes from the feeling that the other side stole an election and can continue to do so with impunity.
    i think there is also a feeling that both sides are basically the same and the difference isn’t worth fighting over.
    i also think the men in the country are increasingly feminized. They can talk tough but push comes to shove and they have to get back to the video game.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This isn't about that at all. And it's certainly not directed at your buddy personally. Maybe he's/they're doing excellent work...

But if the people you're serving aren't being made aware of your successes and future challenges, then you can't expect them to go search out all the hard work you've been doing.

Volunteer to go clean up the roadside, river or whatever. That's great for us. No signage or publicity about it? People will assume it was magic or more likely they'll assume there wasn't any problem to begin with.

That's just how the public in general is.
    I think we're done on the subject.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I get it. In my entire adult, politically aware life, I’m about as apathetic as I ever have been. I’m tired. I’m tired of following every outrage, announcement of the latest executive order, and every new proposed law to either do or undo something. I’m tired of every watching as some new regulation gets enacted and we’re helpless to do anything about it until, after years of endless court cases, appeals, en-banc reviews it may get overturned…or it may not.

On a apethic scale of 0-10 where 10 is comatose and 0 is fully engaged, I’m probably a 2. I realize there’s always been plenty of 9’s and 10’s and there’s nothing new about that. I’ve always considered myself “the average guy”. I‘ve noticed that if I’m curious, ignorant, worried, etc. about some thing, then there’s at least one other guy in the room that is too. So it follows that if my apathy has grown over the years, I do not find it surprising others, like me, has too.

I realize too that when we sit back and quit the fight the enemies will advance even faster. It’s probably just a season (for me and hopefully others). But I don’t remember ever having this attitude before.
    I can't imagine not voting. I can't imagine not having a fairly good grasp on history and current events.

I've become a lot more politically active in the last 10 years or so.

Many years ago about 6 months into the Bernie Madoff fiasco I said something about it to a co-worker. They had no idea who Bernie Madoff was or what was going on.

This individual's vote counts the same as mine.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I can't imagine not voting. I can't imagine not having a fairly good grasp on history and current events.

I've become a lot more politically active in the last 10 years or so.

Many years ago about 6 months into the Bernie Madoff fiasco I said something about it to a co-worker. They had no idea who Bernie Madoff was or what was going on.

This individual's vote counts the same as mine.
    Keep in mind one of the biggest differences between lefty voters and righty voters is righties tend to just want to be left alone. Lefties want to gain control to improve the world.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

Well they can’t be expected to take time away from their money making effort to actually fight the cause.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom