• ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor

Here is one of my favorites! Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I have a Vortex Viper HS-T 4-14 with Seekins Rings and Nightforce 20 MOA Base. Ordered a Area 419 muzzle brake and my SilencerCo Omega300 is in NFA Jail. In the process of breaking it in and getting some custom loads developed for it.
    8D75A841-4CA5-47AA-9FD0-535680A0BC5B.jpeg
    04F9133F-64B1-428D-BD6C-46BC2F722293.jpeg

Merk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Jasper
    Howa mini action in 6.5 grendel. My first bolt gun build but I love it thus far.
    Brownells chassis, sightron scope, warne rings and base.

20180606_180429.jpg

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Bergara 6.5 CM (BPR19-65F)
    Barrel length: 26"
    Barrel twist: 1:8
    RAZOR® HD GEN II 4.5-27X56 RIFLESCOPE - EBR-2C (MOA) - SKU: RZR-42706
    American Precision Arms Little Bastard Muzzle Brake (5/8 -24" threads)
    Badger Ordnance 20 MOA Steel rail
    Seekins Precision Aluminum Scope Rings
    Harris bipod
    Group size from factory (with Hornady 140grain ELP Match): 0.248" at 100 yards

dQC6hHD.jpg

rR6YB5h.jpg

shykA9N.jpg

g53IvtB.jpg

Last edited:

Sterndern11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2018
    Zionsville
    Medium range precision 223

My home grown and hand picked precision 223.

It wont keep up with some of the bolt guns for absolute precision, but Id love to see one of them ring steel at 500 yards as fast as I can :)

Parts list

Gibbz side charging upper and hand guard (pictured with previous aeroprecision reciever)
    Larue 20" barrel 223 Wylde chamber 1/8 twist
    Odinworks adjustable gas block
    RRA lower/LPK, A2 stock with 3.5lb weight, rifle length tube
    Trigger tech trigger
    Larue grip
    Spikes trigger guard
    JP SCS
    PSA BCG
    Harris 6-9
    currently sporting SWFA 16x SS, but runs everything from that to a red dot depending on the day/use.

A pleasure to shoot, boringly reliable, and so configurable for everything from 3 gun to high power go F-class or varmint shooting with a 15 minute swap of parts. Not super thrilled with how it strings vertically as it heats up with a can on (up to 6" at 30 yards after about 60 shots in 30 minutes), or its accuracy with factory ammo (about 1-1.5" at 100 with most I've tried).

Shoots 1/2" at 100 yards with handloaded 50 grn vmax, and holds about 6-7" at 600 yards with 77grn pills on a no-wind day. I am completely user-skill limited with this setup, the rifle is a much better shooter than I am.

Attachments

• 20180330_171534.jpg
      20180330_171534.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 43
    • P_20180723_203637_vHDR_Auto.jpg
      P_20180723_203637_vHDR_Auto.jpg
      547.5 KB · Views: 25
    Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well I made a couple changes to my Rem 700 with 5R barrel in Magpul stock. First things first, I had a stippling job done to the stock. The gun gets a little slick for my liking when it's cold/wet/rainy etc so I took it to a guy who stipples Glocks and plastic pistols and asked him to make my gun grippy. So far, I'm completely loving it. Secondly, the Harris swivel bipod I had on the rifle has been great except for if/when you go to extend the legs. It's been kinda broke for a while and I didn't want to drop big buck on another bipod but when I saw Magpul had their new one out for about what a Harris goes for I figured what the heck. I just got it in and mounted last night and it seems decent. Definitely different to work with, but that doesn't mean bad though, just that I have to rework how my little brain using it.

Anyway, here's a few pictures:
    yGtFuwU.jpg

Vn64RRp.jpg

92VeLCM.jpg

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Larue OBR in .308, 16.1" bbl
    Atlas bipod on Larue BT46-NC mount
    Norgon Ambi-catch
    BAD-CASS 45-degree Safety Selector
    Raptor Ambi Charging Handle
    Nightforce BEAST 5-25x56 with H59 reticle
    Larue mount
    Flatline Ops "Covert" level
    Flatline Ops ACI
    LMT DMR stock

20151218151957-1.jpg

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Bergara 6.5 CM (BPR19-65F)
    Barrel length: 26"
    Barrel twist: 1:8
    RAZOR® HD GEN II 4.5-27X56 RIFLESCOPE - EBR-2C (MOA) - SKU: RZR-42706
    American Precision Arms Little Bastard Muzzle Brake (5/8 -24" threads)
    Badger Ordnance 20 MOA Steel rail
    Seekins Precision Aluminum Scope Rings
    Harris bipod
    Group size from factory (with Hornady 140grain ELP Match): 0.248" at 100 yards

dQC6hHD.jpg

rR6YB5h.jpg

shykA9N.jpg

g53IvtB.jpg

NICE Rifle!!! Is this the new Bergara Pro? They come with fluted bolt and target from the factory.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Well I made a couple changes to my Rem 700 with 5R barrel in Magpul stock. First things first, I had a stippling job done to the stock. The gun gets a little slick for my liking when it's cold/wet/rainy etc so I took it to a guy who stipples Glocks and plastic pistols and asked him to make my gun grippy. So far, I'm completely loving it. Secondly, the Harris swivel bipod I had on the rifle has been great except for if/when you go to extend the legs. It's been kinda broke for a while and I didn't want to drop big buck on another bipod but when I saw Magpul had their new one out for about what a Harris goes for I figured what the heck. I just got it in and mounted last night and it seems decent. Definitely different to work with, but that doesn't mean bad though, just that I have to rework how my little brain using it.

Anyway, here's a few pictures:
    yGtFuwU.jpg

Vn64RRp.jpg

92VeLCM.jpg

I like the stippling you had done. Is it hard on the cheek skin after a day of shooting? And what is the minimum height on the new bipod?

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Thanks GSPBirdDog!

It's a Bergara Premier Series Long Range. Bergara Premier Series Long Range Rifle Page

My rifle is similar to the HMR Pro, but purpose-built for Long Range shooting (not so much hunting). For me it was a good compromise between a full-custom rifle (from say GA Precision) and just an entry level precision rifle. I've only put 40 rounds through it so far, but it works well.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I like the stippling you had done. Is it hard on the cheek skin after a day of shooting? And what is the minimum height on the new bipod?

My cheek actually rests on a little piece of rubbery grip tape that's stuck on it where my face lays on the stock. I've got a shorter cheek riser coming in the mail so I can use my stock pouch from Triad Tactical and see through the scope a little more easily. Ideally, I'd be using the stock pack. On the grip sections of rifle my hands don't get raw at all.

I haven't measured anything on the bipod, but laying prone in the living room it feels just like my Harris did height wise.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Thanks GSPBirdDog!

It's a Bergara Premier Series Long Range. Bergara Premier Series Long Range Rifle Page

My rifle is similar to the HMR Pro, but purpose-built for Long Range shooting (not so much hunting). For me it was a good compromise between a full-custom rifle (from say GA Precision) and just an entry level precision rifle. I've only put 40 rounds through it so far, but it works well.

I completely agree hammerd13. I am sure your Bergara is like my HMR but better. They have Triggertech triggers and internal chassis. The barrels are some of the best factory barrels on the market and a lot is due to the quality of steel from that region of the world. Many are made in South/North Carolina but the material for the barrels is still from Spain.
    Have fun with your new toy!

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Here's what I did. I have a Remington 308 SPS heavy barrel with a X-Mark Pro trigger. Let me say I love the trigger. I took off the Hogue stock which is also a good stock. It has a Silencer Company muzzle break, 20 moa steel scope mount, Seekins Precision rings. I went with a BSA tactical ffp mil-mil scope 4-14x44. It's good for long range precision and puts multiple holes in a quarter sized dot, but it's not expensive. The stock is Archangel mag fed with drop down bipod.
    I hate the stock. I'm trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. It's heavy. I had to add the sling mounts. The bipod is very wobbly and it's like shooting off a stick. I'm going to notch a thick piece of stainless and screw it to the bottom so it can deploy in a tighter space. I'm limited to what I can do with the spring, practically nothing, because it folds back into the stock. If that doesn't come out to my satisfaction, I can attach a good bipod to the sling mount. At that point I would probably put the Hogue stock back on it and get a mag feed for it and have a much better gun that's practical. It's a range toy. I have an olive drab Pelican case for it just for added weight and inconvenience. Something I wanted to do. So I did. Badass gun in a subpar stock that will fit in a suitcase. I think I nailed it.

View attachment 72859

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Savage 10T in .308
    McGowen 1 in 8 twist 26 inch barrel
    Tactical bolt knob
    H-S precision stock
    Nikon Black 6-24x50 FFP MRAD with Weaver Tac rings
    Nightforce 20 MOA Picatinny rail

New to me, haven't had a chance to stretch it out yet.

207484x.jpg

2jbjjmx.jpg

jr8it5.jpg

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Remington 700 AAC-SD. I have a Magpul DBM set for it to upgrade the Legacy Sports DBM kit and I want to upgrade the trigger at some point, but overall I am happy with it. I would like a can for it in the future too.
    Remington 700 AAC-SD #1.jpg

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I had been looking for a Creedmoor for a while now and finally decided on one. Brought home a Bergara HMR and I'm just giddy about it. Soon as I fondled it at the gun shop I knew it would come home with me. Right now a Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16 sits atop with some no frills Leupold rings.
    20181228_163311.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Ruger Precision .223. ERGO grip, Leapers Keymod recon bipod, Primary Arms High rings, older Gen FFP Vortex Viper PST. Omega .30 cal can, optional muzzle brake end cap. Muzzle brake ASR underneath.

Ml8GWMZ.jpg

Not sure about the ruggedness of Leapers product line going by just what I've heard, and read, but I really like the idea of the side mount bipod. How has that worked out for you so far? Seems like that would be a pretty stable design, even if it does give up the ability to rotate, and cant.

Top Bottom