• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have not shot it a ton (mabye 50-100 rds) My average group was roughly 2.5 inch's at 300yds. My best group was just south of 2 inch's @ 300 yds. I think with some time behind the platform it can be as accurate as any rifle I own, I just struggle on a semi auto.

That is very good news.

Why did you choose an 18" barrel instead of a 20 or other?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I use it different than it was intended. I never shoot from a bench, but i like to flip it down, and grab it with my off hand. It gives me a way to tune in my fist height. I don't think it's a "must have" product, but it definitely falls in the "nice to have" category. Most shooters would use it more than I do.

I use it the same way, and it works for less than optimal positions too. I'm using it here in the "lost in space" position. The position was first taught to me by Will Robinson and Dr Smith, but it works better with the monopod.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    I use it the same way, and it works for less than optimal positions too. I'm using it here in the "lost in space" position. The position was first taught to me by Will Robinson and Dr Smith, but it works better with the monopod.

This gun in action...
    [video=youtube_share;VpojRCPFpak]http://youtu.be/VpojRCPFpak[/video]

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Here is a pic of my LR308 TAC20. I need to get it out to the 200yrd line here at the house an see what it can do at distance. Since I got my newest Savage this rifle has kind of taken a back seat. But shoots very well at a 100yrds.

Last edited by a moderator:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I finally pulled the trigger on something that I've been eyeballing for the last 4 years. When I placed the order I couldn't talk myself into a .50 so I ordered the 338 lapua. It's a Zel Custom Spartan S1 upper. I have not had the chance to shoot it yet. I originally purchased the lower with the intention of building a 300 black out (hence the Crossfire and MOE stock). I'll get them switched out soon but this will do for now. I haven't been this excited over a gun purchase in quite a while. I feel like I've stepped into the big leagues but yet I still have a AAA mindset towards long range. Got to start somewhere.

L to R: 338, 7.62x54r and 308

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    This intrigues me. I've never heard of such a thing, and I've heard of a lot of things :) What sort of accuracy claims do they make about this product? If I were going to purchase one I think I'd have to be serious about a butt stock choice for my lower. I can imagine what my mil spec butt stock would feel like behind a 338 LM. Heck, for that matter, is there a possible issue with wearing out the takedown pin holes in your lower? Anyway, that thing is really nice, and I want one now.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    This intrigues me. I've never heard of such a thing, and I've heard of a lot of things :) What sort of accuracy claims do they make about this product? If I were going to purchase one I think I'd have to be serious about a butt stock choice for my lower. I can imagine what my mil spec butt stock would feel like behind a 338 LM. Heck, for that matter, is there a possible issue with wearing out the takedown pin holes in your lower? Anyway, that thing is really nice, and I want one now.

Here's some info for you. They offer 338 LM, 408 chey tac, 416 barret and 50 bmg.
    Tactilite - Affordable Long Range Accuracy

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I done some work on the Remington 700 PSS .223 this evening. I added a Timney 510 trigger and adjusted to a 2 lb pull. Next I put a DNZ one piece scope base and finally a Vortex 4-16x42 scope. I purchased a Lyman trigger pull guage to adjust the trigger and a Wheeler torque screwdriver to properly torque the scope base, rings and stock. The McMillan stock is already glass bedded and the barrel floated.

700Custom_zps26273242.jpg

Top Bottom