Prayer requests from those so inclined.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Thank you all for your words of kindness and condolences. I may have to ask some of you for advice on what we do now?

Her body wont be released until later today. It is a homicide investigation. I don't even know what we do now. We have no idea even how to contact her work? We don't know if we are suppose to contact a funeral home now? We have no burial plots......does a funeral home take care of this? We have no idea if she had life insurance......just so many questions that I have no answers for.

This is hard....you are already so sad you cant function........then you have to figure all this out.

Any advice is welcomed. And thank you all again for your kind words. I have cried all night.......I loved that girl so much. She was my baby.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I am very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you. I lost my first born and like CM said it’s like a wound that never heals. With time you just learn to live with it and it does get easier.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Our prayers are with the others, sir.
    Burying my wife's brother this week.
    Practical things. Funeral home is a resource as well as a service. They will have many answers for you. HR at her workplace may have some answers for you as well. Watched my parents bury a child. No one should have to go through what you are now.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Damn Randy, very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and Prayers for you.

The funeral home helped us with everything. We are small town and know everybody so I'm not sure if that's normal business for a funeral home or not. They had a bunch of contact information, and guided us on what we needed to do and what to expect.

By far the toughest time of my life, stay strong and I hope you have some peace in your future.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Like CM said, "it never totally heals. But with time the pain will fade, and life will continue." We lost our only son the day before Thanksgiving several years ago. We never forget him around the holidays, and always buy a cake on his birthday. But it does get better over time.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Count me in on the prayer chain. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I know it's difficult but stay strong brother. You may not know me but at a time like this we all come together as brothers and sisters for each other. God be with you and yours my brother.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Damn Randy, very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and Prayers for you.

The funeral home helped us with everything. We are small town and know everybody so I'm not sure if that's normal business for a funeral home or not. They had a bunch of contact information, and guided us on what we needed to do and what to expect.

By far the toughest time of my life, stay strong and I hope you have some peace in your future.
    Im with JB. Reach out to your preferred funeral home. If they arent THE ones to initiate things, they certainly are deep enough in the system to guide you along and tell you who to call. My gut says that they can take over for you once they are contacted.

Jamie-K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2021
    Kosciusko County
    It is with a broken heart I have to ask you all for prayers for my family. Today I have to start making arrangements to bury my youngest daughter. This nightmare started about 5 years ago, and ended yesterday. I don't know if I will ever learn to accept and cope with this one. Lowest point of my life....and that in itself says something.

I dont really want to talk about it, but if we have any IMPD Homicides detectives in here.....I beg you to do all you can to get us answers.

Go give your kids a big hug for me...........Thanks!
    We'll be praying that God gives you & yours the strength to deal with this difficult time … and as life moves forward !!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    May the Lord give you His Peace at this time in your lives. This is the time to seek Him out regularly. If you have a home church, I'd suggest you contact your pastor for the practical side of things, as well as, the spiritual side. If you don't have a home church, you may have to turn to a funeral home for assistance.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Thank you all for your words of kindness and condolences. I may have to ask some of you for advice on what we do now?

Her body wont be released until later today. It is a homicide investigation. I don't even know what we do now. We have no idea even how to contact her work? We don't know if we are suppose to contact a funeral home now? We have no burial plots......does a funeral home take care of this? We have no idea if she had life insurance......just so many questions that I have no answers for.

This is hard....you are already so sad you cant function........then you have to figure all this out.

Any advice is welcomed. And thank you all again for your kind words. I have cried all night.......I loved that girl so much. She was my baby.
    IMPD has a victim assistance unit...

Top Bottom