• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shifty_85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2023
    Versailles, IN
    So I just moved to Vevay IN and didn't have my birth certificate. My mom in MI mailed it USPS and certified letter needing a signature. She tells me it should be here Tuesday.

Tuesday comes and goes nothing she sends me the tracking number it was signed for and delivered on Saturday at 3:50PM.

No one here signed for it go in the next day ask them what happened she said it was signed for on the street but not the right address takes my name and number says they'll call later.

No call the rest of yesterday still nothing this morning. So I called them and they had a different carrier deliver that day and she is out right now but will be in today sometime.

I look and it's going to cost me 56.70 to have a new one printed in MI and mailed down here

Why would someone sign for a letter that doesn't have there name or address on it ‍

Shifty_85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2023
    Versailles, IN
    Not yet the houses are pretty spread out on this road and the road is 2.5 miles long.

I know I'd just put it back in the mailbox saying wrong address or something.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Bought an upper off Gunbroker, seller only took USPS money orders. Bought the money order and paid for delivery confirmation. The letter never arrived to the seller. The Dallas Post Office comes right out and admits they have zero idea were it went, they lost it.

I had to pay another $25.00 to get a refund from the USPS for their own money order which they lost. What a great policy.

Shifty_85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2023
    Versailles, IN
    Bought an upper off Gunbroker, seller only took USPS money orders. Bought the money order and paid for delivery confirmation. The letter never arrived to the seller. The Dallas Post Office comes right out and admits they have zero idea were it went, they lost it.

I had to pay another $25.00 to get a refund from the USPS for their own money order which they lost. What a great policy.
    That's ridiculous!! I'm looking to see if I can make them pay for a new one but most of the USPS policy's say they aren't responsible and won't pay!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's ridiculous!! I'm looking to see if I can make them pay for a new one but most of the USPS policy's say they aren't responsible and won't pay!
    You will be damn lucky if you can even get the postage fee back.

had a lady recently that tried to claim the extra insurance she paid for when she shipped a diamond ring. They refused to pay until one of the investigative reporters got involved and gave them lots of bad press.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I'm still waiting for the Father's day card my daughter mailed to me over a week ago.
    It contained a gift card. Go figure.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm still waiting for the Father's day card my daughter mailed to me over a week ago.
    It contained a gift card. Go figure.
    Just hope the same folks arent delivering yours that delivered my packages. The USPS waited almost THREE WHOLE WEEKS to go pick up the box from fedex that they were supposed to deliver the last mile. Just short of 4 weeks to get a package from Chicago.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Someone now has a birth certificate to use for a new identity…
    Since the OP just moved here, if I had his birth certificate I could fake a few other items and get his driver's license before him!!! Kind of like a shill account, only use it when I feel the need to do something stupid and might get in trouble.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I would hope no one here would do that. Vevay is a pretty rural small city and everyone here seems generally nice and kind.
    That's true about small town areas.

The problem is you have out of town people driving around snatching packages off porches, grabbing items out of unlocked cars, and generally doing anything criminal that is quick and advantageous. That'd include signing for or getting the mail from a corrupt postal worker that didn't deliver it.

Shifty_85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2023
    Versailles, IN
    Called again this morning they said the carrier broke down before they could get to my road yesterday. They said the scanner Geo tracking isn't 100% Accurate about where it was signed but the carrier will definitely stop at the 2 most likely houses it could have been.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So I just moved to Vevay IN and didn't have my birth certificate. My mom in MI mailed it USPS and certified letter needing a signature. She tells me it should be here Tuesday.

Tuesday comes and goes nothing she sends me the tracking number it was signed for and delivered on Saturday at 3:50PM.

No one here signed for it go in the next day ask them what happened she said it was signed for on the street but not the right address takes my name and number says they'll call later.

No call the rest of yesterday still nothing this morning. So I called them and they had a different carrier deliver that day and she is out right now but will be in today sometime.

I look and it's going to cost me 56.70 to have a new one printed in MI and mailed down here

Why would someone sign for a letter that doesn't have there name or address on it ‍
    Because they could not get their phone out of their face long enough to actually read it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Your tax dollar at work.

Top Bottom