• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Anyone battle with this? Some mornings I’ll wake up and the entire back of my throat is white with mucus. I gargle salt water, take Benadryl, and use a nasal spray, but it doesn’t go away. I had my tonsils/adenoids removed a couple years ago and if anything it’s gotten worse.

Hopefully some old timers here have a solution that’s worked for them, cause this sucks.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes. And it leads to a dry cough due to the lung irritation. Sucks.
    Allergy meds. thats the only fix.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have been fighting a cough and sore throat for the past two weeks now. I did have mild fever and body aches for the first few days, but now it's just that nagging cough and sore throat paired with occasionally hacking up some serious flem.

It's a cough that feels like it's going to bring up a big dollop of lung butter, but usually doesn't. Then when I do get something to clear it's a pretty big amount. Usually in the morning.

I haven't bothered to get tested for Wu Flu because it's more of an annoyance than anything, but I've never had a sore throat last this long before and I used to get strep all the time as a kid. Like twice a winter.

Now my kids are fighting something too. Taking my daughter to get tested for strep in the morning.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yes. And it leads to a dry cough due to the lung irritation. Sucks.
    Allergy meds. thats the only fix.
    Yes, exactly! I’m always clearing my throat now and constantly have this nasty drip/clogged feeling in the back of my throat. It’s awful.

I tried Benadryl, and flo nase I think it’s spelled. What meds have helped yours the most?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have been fighting a cough and sore throat for the past two weeks now. I did have mild fever and body aches for the first few days, but now it's just that nagging cough and sore throat paired with occasionally hacking up some serious flem.

It's a cough that feels like it's going to bring up a big dollop of lung butter, but usually doesn't. Then when I do get something to clear it's a pretty big amount. Usually in the morning.

I haven't bothered to get tested for Wu Flu because it's more of an annoyance than anything, but I've never had a sore throat last this long before and I used to get strep all the time as a kid. Like twice a winter.

Now my kids are fighting something too. Taking my daughter to get tested for strep in the morning.
    Good luck! Hope everything’s clear and it’s just cold dry air causing it.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I suffer from allergy and sinus problems year round. I've tried everything, currently I'm using Flo-nase and Neil Med sinus rinse kit from Walmart it's $10 and has made the biggest difference.

I use it everytime I'm in the shower you have to use distilled water or you'll make things worse. I keep a solo cup in the shower that I fill with hot shower water and let the bottle set in it to heat up the solution. You don't have to heat it but I don't like squriting cold water up my nose. For $10 you should try it give it a week and you should see a big difference.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I suffer from allergy and sinus problems year round. I've tried everything, currently I'm using Flo-nase and Neil Med sinus rinse kit from Walmart it's $10 and has made the biggest difference.

I use it everytime I'm in the shower you have to use distilled water or you'll make things worse. I keep a solo cup in the shower that I fill with hot shower water and let the bottle set in it to heat up the solution. You don't have to heat it but I don't like squriting cold water up my nose. For $10 you should try it give it a week and you should see a big difference.
    I’ll try anything! Thanks!! For $10 it’s worth a shot, I spend more than that on Benadryl a week

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I’ll try anything! Thanks!! For $10 it’s worth a shot, I spend more than that on Benadryl a week
    Np, not to be gross but I was amazed by the stuff that came out of my sinuses. I got lazy and stopped using it for a couple of weeks and regretted it. So if you try it and it works don't stop using it.

Reactions: Leo

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, exactly! I’m always clearing my throat now and constantly have this nasty drip/clogged feeling in the back of my throat. It’s awful.

I tried Benadryl, and flo nase I think it’s spelled. What meds have helped yours the most?
    Flonase and Sudafed PE Allergy. Walmart is one of the only places that carries it. The one with Chlorpheniramine Maleate (antihistamine) and Phenylephrine (decongestant).

But if you dont have any stuffyness, can probably just find the Chlorpheniramine. its worth a shot. $3-something for a dozen pills.

And I do two shots per nostril at night. Also name brand two pack of 144(?) squirt bottles is actually cheaper than generic. And for some reason the generic doesnt help me as well.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is an allergy time of year.

Staying hydrated is important this time of year, as it does not come naturally like it did when we were were hot and sweating a couple weeks ago.

I'd look at a way to work some apple cider vinegar into your system daily. It seems to help keep my sinus and allergy issues at bay.

I mix up a ketorade similar to this recipe. I use a higher concentration of ingredients, without the stevia and use filtered tap water instead of sparkling water. Wash down every meal with it, (then thoroughly rinse.)

Last edited:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    “Post nasal”?
    When did you lose your nose?:lol2:

How about those nasal lavage machines “as seen on TV”?

Sorry, I couldn’t resist!
    I am lucky I have no allergies so these seasons don’t affect me at all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    “Post nasal”?
    When did you lose your nose?:lol2:

How about those nasal lavage machines “as seen on TV”?

Sorry, I couldn’t resist!
    I am lucky I have no allergies so these seasons don’t affect me at all.
    Neti Pots are awesome.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Anyone battle with this? Some mornings I’ll wake up and the entire back of my throat is white with mucus. I gargle salt water, take Benadryl, and use a nasal spray, but it doesn’t go away. I had my tonsils/adenoids removed a couple years ago and if anything it’s gotten worse.

Hopefully some old timers here have a solution that’s worked for them, cause this sucks.

Had it for as long as I can remember, but nothing has ever made it better. I went to the ears, nose, throat doc for it years back, but nothing he tried helped and everything either made me tired, strung out, irritated, or gave me the jitters. I've just dealt with it... :dunno:

Top Bottom