• snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    From AP:
    The boy told him a teacher went out to check on the noise, came back in, locked the door and had the kids huddle up in the corner until police arrived.

That sounds like the dumbest thing to have a group of kids do in an active shooter situation.

Someone find the pic/poster that says something like "Number of dead in mass shootings stopped by police - 14, number in mass shootings armed civilians - 2

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Saddened and shocked by the events of today and the recent past. Stuff like this scares the heck out of me with two children in school and also a gun owner.

Please keep the families and victims in your thoughts and prayers, they're going to need it.

More ammunition for the anti-gunners, unfortunately the wrong people are going to be punished for this horrible tragedy.

Please hug your kids when you see them tonight, I know I will!!!!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    From AP:

That sounds like the dumbest thing to have a group of kids do in an active shooter situation.

Someone find the pic/poster that says something like "Number of dead in mass shootings stopped by police - 14, number in mass shootings armed civilians - 2

It is what they are taught to do. Fire drill, tornado drill, earthquake drill, active shooter drill.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Holy :poop:. Really? How many does this make since the Aurora shooting? Can't wait for the "never let a good crisis go to waste" crowd to start spewing their crap. :xmad:

I can't imagine being the parent of a child in that school. Prayers to all involved. And may the worthless POS shooter rot in hell.

Still can't get over it. That press conference should be starting soon. I just really hope people understand the other millions of gun owners aren't bat-**** crazy.
    A friend and I are having this argument right now. He says AK's, Uzi's, etc. All need to be illegal because there is no productive purpose for them. I argue that my AK is no different than a semi-auto 30 cal rifle other than appearance. He then says all semi-auto rifle's should be banned, and people should only be allowed to have handguns that hold 5 to 7 rounds and shotguns. I point out that I can run through several magazines with a handgun, he then says that handguns should be illegal too. I ask what about a person's right to protect themselves and he argues that people should just hand over money because criminals don't want to kill people, they just want their money, and if someone tried to fight back, they just made it worse for everyone around them because now the criminal will likely shoot, where he wouldn't have before. I then argue that now the mindset is going to be that since people will just rolover, crime will increase. He absolutely disagrees with that statement. Why? Because we have police and the criminals donlt want to risk getting caught that much. Sigh, this is one I just have to give up on and let him be a victim. I hope he's never in a situation where his ideas are proven wrong.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From AP:

Actually that's exactly what they should do if they don't have a clear escape route. We have active shooter drills where I work, and that's the first thing they tell us to do. Get in a room with a lockable door (conference room, office, etc.), lock it, turn off the lights, etc.. The shooter is looking for targets. If he can't see one, he can't shoot it.

At any rate, this is a horrible, sad situation. It's too bad they can't remove the shooter's brain and "read" his final thoughts and those that lead up to this, kind of like a black box in an aircraft.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    A friend and I are having this argument right now. He says AK's, Uzi's, etc. All need to be illegal because there is no productive purpose for them. I argue that my AK is no different than a semi-auto 30 cal rifle other than appearance. He then says all semi-auto rifle's should be banned, and people should only be allowed to have handguns that hold 5 to 7 rounds and shotguns. I point out that I can run through several magazines with a handgun, he then says that handguns should be illegal too. I ask what about a person's right to protect themselves and he argues that people should just hand over money because criminals don't want to kill people, they just want their money, and if someone tried to fight back, they just made it worse for everyone around them because now the criminal will likely shoot, where he wouldn't have before. I then argue that now the mindset is going to be that since people will just rolover, crime will increase. He absolutely disagrees with that statement. Why? Because we have police and the criminals donlt want to risk getting caught that much. Sigh, this is one I just have to give up on and let him be a victim. I hope he's never in a situation where his ideas are proven wrong.

Just ask him if he would be willing to put a sign in his front yard that states his beliefs and that he does not have a gun.

yardsign.jpg

Last edited:

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    In a post gun-ban world where citizens would be advised to "give the criminal what he wants" if he's threatening to shoot you, one has to wonder... "Shoot you" with what? Would that be an admission that thugs would still manage to have guns somehow?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Unthinkable. They're saying a whole kindergarten classroom is unaccounted for. I just can't believe people are already seizing this tragedy like it's some kind of opportunity to push their BS anti-gun agendas forward.

Why are you surprised? They do it EVERY time something like this happens.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    In a post gun-ban world where citizens would be advised to "give the criminal what he wants" if he's threatening to shoot you, one has to wonder... "Shoot you" with what? Would that be an admission that thugs would still manage to have guns somehow?

Oh, I had pointed out that if guns are illegal here in the US, they'll just be smuggled in from Mexico and other areas, right along with all the drugs that are already illegal. His argument was that our police task forces would "stop as much as possible" so it would be more difficult for criminals to have guns and thn there wouldn't be as many problems. I pointed out that guns are illegal in Illinois, yet Chicago has a big murder problem. {Is argument was that's just gangbangers killing themselves, not mass murder, so it's ok.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Actually that's exactly what they should do if they don't have a clear escape route. We have active shooter drills where I work, and that's the first thing they tell us to do. Get in a room with a lockable door (conference room, office, etc.), lock it, turn off the lights, etc.. The shooter is looking for targets. If he can't see one, he can't shoot it.

Good point, if all those steps are taken I can see the benefit, thanks for the edification.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Very tragic my thoughts go out to the families and first responders
    It's also sad that the media wants to blame the school for poor security measures with out knowing the facts and again blaming the gun and not the shooter. How ever Fox News did have one person said its not the guns, its an issue of the mental stability of the person doing the shooting and that no matter how much gun control we impose this may still happen

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I heard a news anchor on CNN say that one of the weapons recovered was a ".223 model bushwhacker, which fires the same kind of ammunition that our troops use in Afghanistan. Also recovered were two pistols, a glock and a sig sauser."

Someone on Facebook said the media had used a picture of another man by the same name when identifying the shooter and the innocent guy is now receiving death threats.

Hooray for quality reporting.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Pardon the french, but it would be surprising if these ****bag "news" personnel could properly tie their own gd shoelaces, much less show any semblance of accuracy in their chosen profession, so-called reporting. You pretty much have to wait 3-5 days to get any proper factual information... and even still, said info is questionable at best.

Just saw a video with blurb "Fox confirms"... what a joke.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom