• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Unbelievable. A horrific and sad day. My prayers go out to them. This is why I carry everyday, why every law abiding adult should carry everyday, and why gun-free zones are so dangerous.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Listening to a Connecticut station now. At least they are calling it a massacre rather than "just" a school shooting.

Shooting started in the principle's office, someone turned the school's loud speaker on so everyone heard the argument between the shooter and principle, and then the start of the shooting.

I expect the president will address the nation tonight calling for more gun control even though firearms are already banned in schools, not to mention murder is illegal.

My prayers for all involved.

I have a brother who is a teacher in a neighboring school district to Newtown. Will call him later and find out what he was told.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Unfortunately some reporter jumped on the Presidents opinion on gun control right off. My opinion on this is the reporter needs to be ask if he would submit any article to a government censor be for it can be published? All media must go through the government. Lets just not attack the 2nd amendment, lets do the whole bill of rights. Laws are guide lines they have never once stopped a criminal act. Criminals and nut cases have no boundaries. When will the public understand this?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    We should be ashamed. For me, there is a sense of societal embarrassment that we entrust teachers with some of the most valuable elements of our lives - our kids - but we do not trust them with the proper tools to protect them.

We expect teachers to be trained to teach. To continue their training after they start their jobs. We expect them to not harm our children.

But, we do not expect them - in fact we discourage them - from utilizing the best tools to protect our kids.

We. Should. Be. Ashamed.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    From the live broadcast in CT, they are saying that one complete classroom is unaccounted for. This is sad beyond belief.

Arming teachers and staff is the only way to stop something like this, but "they" don't learn and even with murder illegal and firearms in schools illegal, these still happen.

Personal feeling is that the president will make a statement this evening, and like he does so well, it will be 180 degrees away from what is needed.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    This makes me sick to my stomach. Not only does the coward use a firearm as a tool to cause harm, but he uses it against children. I pray for the victims of the attack and their family's who now have to deal with the repercussions.

These events give all responsible gun owners a bad name, a name they dont deserve. Yet, an AWB still wont stop these attacks. Columbine was in 1999, right in the middle of the Clinton era AWB.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I don't think WE should be ashamed. I think the idiotic legislators that have decided that laws will prevent crime and more laws will prevent more crime should be ashamed.

I think that idiotic legislators who believe touchy-feely, feel good sound bites and scare tactics after tragedies, not to mention knee-jerk reactions and macho political bravado, will make things all better because they believe their own BS should be ashamed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trending? I believe this is the final straw. Gun control is going to happen soon. Won't do a bloody thing to curb the crazies.
    Same thing happened in China today too, but in that case the killer used a knife... killed or wounded 30 children. Gun control didn't help them much, did it? I do like how the former FBI profiler they're interviewing on NBC keeps emphasizing that these killers have a tendency to go where they know that people are NOT likely to be armed (ie gun-free zones). I'm sure that goes in one ear and out the other for the anti-gun crowd though.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Same thing happened in China today too, but in that case the killer used a knife... killed or wounded 30 children. Gun control didn't help them much, did it? I do like how the former FBI profiler they're interviewing on NBC keeps emphasizing that these killers have a tendency to go where they know that people are NOT likely to be armed (ie gun-free zones). I'm sure that goes in one ear and out the other for the anti-gun crowd though.

Find me that link and spread that **** EVERYWHERE right now. Please.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I'm just sick to my stomach and feel like puking too. I pray for the families and children. This kind of violence is not about guns. This is about society and coping with life and the ups and downs of society.

Top Bottom