• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I did see some video shot from a helicopter where the police took what looked like a shotgun from the trunk of the shooters car.
    Yeah I was just summarizing a video I saw. Seems the officers can't even get the story straight, let alone the news outlets.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Yeah I was just summarizing a video I saw. Seems the officers can't even get the story straight, let alone the news outlets.
    Note to myself, don't believe everything you see on TV or read on the internet. The police are limited to what they say and won't say much about the details. The media will try sensationalism because it sells. When you have a dozen different media centers, you will have a dozen different stories. Bon jour, I'm a french model.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    As soon as I heard about this shooting, I was hoping the weapon used wasn't an ak or ar. Looks like the ar was used.
    This may be the straw that broke the camels back.

As soon as I heard about this shooting, I was hoping no one (especially children) was/were killed.

The tool used was about the last thing on my mind, but to each his own.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I think you know what I meant. I have a 5 and 3 year old.

Obviously you meant nothing by it, but all too often in the gun community I see the "awe, poor me" attitude after a mass shooting. Does it happen everywhere? Sure, but I see it SO much with gun owners. Every time there is a tragedy like this, people start spamming social networks with "guns don't kill people" pictures and posts about being pissed the grabbers are coming for their stuff, without a single ounce of compassion shown for the victims.

It makes us look like heartless bastards, IMO.

lipster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    As soon as I heard about this shooting, I was hoping the weapon used wasn't an ak or ar. Looks like the ar was used.
    This may be the straw that broke the camels back.

I am really struggling with why it was important to you that it not be an AR or AK. These little people were still writing notes to the Tooth Fairy, and you are concerned as to what weapon was used? What world do you live in?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I am really struggling with why it was important to you that it not be an AR or AK. These little people were still writing notes to the Tooth Fairy, and you are concerned as to what weapon was used? What world do you live in?

You feel hurt, and sorry for the victims at first, then you think about why and what, and become obsessed with it, as well as what consequences this incident will have on you or society in general.
    After the Indy explosion, how many of you after initially hearing about the death of the teacher and her husband, went to their memorial, or showed them any form of compassion, and how many of you read the news and followed* it closely, just to find out what caused it, and who was to blame, and if you should be worried.

I don't believe anyone here feels anything but sadness for the victims, but not everyone is going to post about it, they will keep it in their heads. While their other concerns (such as what weapons were used, and their concerns about the incident in general they will discuss)

lipster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    You feel hurt, and sorry for the victims at first, then you think about why and what, and become obsessed with it, as well as what consequences this incident will have on you

I see. 26 funerals this week. Gosh, I hope this does not affect me.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I see. 26 funerals this week. Gosh, I hope this does not affect me.

Will you be attending any of these 26 funerals? Did you visit this thread in an Indiana forum to tell the victims families about how sorry you feel? This is a thread in a gun forum, why would it be astonishing to see people discuss the weapons used, and how this will affect gun laws, etc. I guess we could all just tell each other we are sad, but you can feel just as sorry for them in your head, as someone who posts about it. I have seen half a dozen threads on here about this shooting, with the majority of people discussing how this incident will affect legislation.

Every national disaster that happens, what gets discussed.
    The president, FEMA, how competent they are, your own emergency plans, what would you do in their situation.

It is only natural to think this way.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    As 92 said, this is a gun forum no?
    If you need to question how I feel about 20 children being murdered, I feel absolutely sick to my stomach, enraged, saddened, and much more.
    Realize that we are typing our thoughts here. Kinda hard to convey emotions I guess.

I didn't expect you guys to take it literally when I said my first thought was about the weapon.
    Ok, it maybe it was my 3rd thought that was about them coming after our guns. My bad.

Top Bottom