• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    A friend of mine looks to be wanting to purchase her first gun. Knowing her and thinking to myself I don't think anyone has a real big knowledge of firearms in her family. I offered to assist her in getting her LTCH, a good pistol, general safety, general carrying, How to operate it, clean it, and so on.

Also looks like she's going to take me up on the offer! Remembering her in HS makes me want to think she was an Anti. Anyone else like helping people like this?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good for you on helping getting somebody started in self protection and exercising their 2A right. Good luck, hope all goes well. :ingo:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm willing to help anyone that's willing to give guns, and the sport of shooting a honest chance. My Mom hated guns for years. Dad and I could never get her to go shoot with us. We got her to go finaly this summer, and now she goes every time. I think a lot of people just buy into the anti-gun hype. Without taking the time to form their own opinion. The fact that guns do not kill people, people kill people. I think eludes some people. Just like cars do not kill people, drunk drivers do. :yesway: for steeping up and helping your friend. If you offer her a positive experience, then hopefully she may help nudge someone else. Into owning a gun, and enjoying the sport of shooting.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Great news that you converted an uninformed member of society into the gun culture. The more people know the less likely they are to believe the anti-gun hype. I have a coworker that recently started asking about handguns. Me and a couple guys I work with are always talking or reading about guns and shooting, and he happened to be around one day. He said he has been thinking about getting one but didn't know where to start. I offered to meet him at the range and let him try a few out and give him some basics. I haven't set a date yet but he was really interested. Possibly one more gun owner with us.

Top Bottom