Possibility of making a Pro-Gun Commercial?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm sure by now everyone has seen Bloomberg's commercial. And it got me thinking. What's the possibility of everyone putting money together, and making a Pro-Gun Commercial, just for Indiana?

I've no idea what the cost would be. I've no idea how one would even get started. But I'm sure some of you guys would have more knowledge than me.

Is there even a possibility of something like that being done?

As for a spokesman, I can think of 3 INGO members who, IMO, would be the best choices of taking charge in the commercial.

Que, ATM,and BillofRights

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Time to sue Comcast really. They want to push for "no gun ads", but then run Bloomberg's trash. The deviousness in it actually makes it pro-gun, and pro-background check. Isn't this a gun related ad?

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    That's the one with the Joe Biden shotgun guy seated on the tailgate isn't it?
    I watched that while in dispatch and just exploded. Dispatch thought I'd lost it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've heard the advert twice on WIBC. I would donate to this if it could be produced and the trigger could be pulled soon enough to make a difference. I suspect that's not possible, since the vote on this is coming up soon.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The best course of action right now is let let our Reps , especially Donnelly and Coats, know that we as gun owners will work hard for and donate money to their opposition come next election if they dare vote for any of this nonsense. We see the hypocrisy in the media make sure they do too.

The one thing a politician really understands is money and votes so make sure they know that they will see neither of yours if they vote for any of these proposals and make they know you will work very hard to unseat them come next election.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I think it's a good idea. But how do we pay for air time?

Paying for the airtime is only part of the problem. Comcast and other media organizations likely won't run the ad because they are biased against gun ownership. Even if you put together a great ad that debunks all this crap coming from Dumberg and his cronies, you will still not be able to get it broadcast.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Raffle tickets donated items at events u could even go viral and do youtube

There are pro gun videos already on. The problem is, only people that agree with you would watch (mostly).
    Preaching to the choir.
    Need something people would watch/listen to because they're captive.
    Such as a radio ad when they're in the car going to work.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    It would cost millions for a comparable quality commercial or else you'd end up with a commercial comparable to a family car dealership ad. That is if you were to hand the project and script over to a production house.

As far as cameras, some of the best cinematic quality footage can be had from some of the newer DSLR cameras such as the Canon 5d mark ii. After you pay $2k-$3k for the camera body, you'll need at least a few lens which run the cost of the camera body+.

You'll need the proper gear to lock down the camera tight to a rig that moves on a track to give at least a little depth perception to the ad. Natural lighting would be best but needs to be enhanced using large hand held reflectors. You'd need a GOOD trained cinemaphotographer as the camera operator who understands composition. You need a boom operator and a trained sound man with the necessary equipment. Audio dialog needs to be synced with the video in the digital realm using timecode. Need a clacker with a timecode start/stop and LED readout. Need a scipt layed out properly and large cue cards for the actor. Need actor/s for the dialog and/or backdrop.

Once all thats done, you need a good video editing system. You need to select a panel of people to review the commercial before it's released upon the masses. Once it's done, getting primetime airtime for a 30 second commercial is more BIG MONEY.

Thats just a rough outline of what would be needed. If you did it ghetto style, its going to look ghetto style and appearance is everything on such an important subject.

I have an Associates in Multimedia Technology.

Here's an example of the types of footage possible on the camera I mentioned:

[ame]http://youtu.be/kJvuLKX3bUE[/ame]

Last edited:

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    The vast majority of those seeing Bloomberg's ad won't even pay attention. The few who do , of those, even fewer vote and even fewer yet would take the time to contact their Senator. Those of us here who DO contact our Reps and are not wishy washy but draw the proverbial line in the sand, will be heard. Bloomberg can spend all he wants but in the final analysis we get to vote people in or out, he does not. Indiana might swing back and forth sometimes between Dems and Pubs but it is still quite a conservative state.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    1: group is formed for the commercial

2: committee is formed from the group to spearhead the project

3: Purpose of the commercial: (ex. To inform citizens of the facts regarding pro gun control agendas OR To rebut false information being fed to americans in regards to gun control)

4: Synopsis of the commercial: (this is where all the rediculous ideas get thrown out for the do-able ideas such as envisioning a full scale battle scene as apposed to a man standing on the porch of his home with family speaking his script). This is where your scene speaks to the demographic you are trying to appeal to. Also, think about where the population is...in the cities. You don't need to appeal to the simple life types that are out in the country...most of them are a shoe in.

Committee outlines everything the commercial will entail including costs.

Storyboard artist/s start fleshing out the scenes.

Committee approves the storyboard, storyboard goes into pre production

Etc....

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The vast majority of those seeing Bloomberg's ad won't even pay attention. The few who do , of those, even fewer vote and even fewer yet would take the time to contact their Senator. Those of us here who DO contact our Reps and are not wishy washy but draw the proverbial line in the sand, will be heard. Bloomberg can spend all he wants but in the final analysis we get to vote people in or out, he does not. Indiana might swing back and forth sometimes between Dems and Pubs but it is still quite a conservative state.

I do agree with this, but what you are missing, is that the liberal trolls have already been caught using millions of fake names and addresses and contacting representatives. This makes the reps think there are way more people against guns and against republicans than actually are. Fake twitter and facebook crap, fake everything. Yeah we should contact them, but we need many organizations doing the very same things they are to make any real headway. The few are ruling the majority in this country, something huge needs to be done.

Top Bottom