• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I have a couple pistols that can accept a can. Is it legal for me to borrow my buddy’s suppressor for a range trip if he’s not with me? I don’t actually know anyone that would let me borrow one but I’m just curious about the possession issue. It would be a legally owned and registered can, just not mine. Would I be in trouble if stopped in possession of it?

Thanks, Matt

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    ATF, via FAQ on their website, now says NFA items can't even be "borrowed" by non registered owners on a range trip (even when owner is present).
    edit: this has apparently been clarified. see below.

Last edited:

Engle086

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 6, 2021
    Eaton
    Thanks for the info. I’d love to have a suppressor, I just hate the tax stamp and the excessive prices for what they are.

Matt

Check the classifieds on here.
    Some pretty good deals if you don't have to have the latest, greatest or lightest can on the market.
    Yes, the stamp and wait sucks but, shooting in July/August humidity without any or just plugs for earpro is very nice.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    You can let others use your NFA items, but they need to remain within your control which can be interpreted as within eyesight. Parabellum on the west side has rental firearms with cans and lots of customers shooting silencers there. If you come to the Proteq INGO open house, I'll be there with some cans you can try out.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    You can let others use your NFA items, but they need to remain within your control which can be interpreted as within eyesight. Parabellum on the west side has rental firearms with cans and lots of customers shooting silencers there. If you come to the Proteq INGO open house, I'll be there with some cans you can try out.
    I used to go to that several years ago. Now I usually see the post for it the week after it happens! I’ll look for the date now and put it on my calendar! I’d love to shoot some of yours!

Top Bottom