• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

More than 100 people allege that their P320 pistols discharged when they did not pull the trigger, an eight-month investigation by The Washington Post and The Trace has found. At least 80 people were wounded in the shootings, which date to 2016.

Were they where @Kirk Freeman goes to train? They seem to have a record of firearms spontaneously discharging.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    This is old news, but new light on the number I suppose. The 320 is commonly not duty approved for their reason, shocked departments were still allowing them. The Agency 2 part trigger makes it impossible. Sig’s “upgraded trigger program”, apparently helps but doesn’t prevent. Note sig never said there was an issue, just that they offer a free trigger upgrade for the style that did it the most. I’ll still shoot a p320 at the range, but that’s it. The issue does not affect any other models at all.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    “A variant of the weapon is the standard-issue sidearm for every branch of the U.S. military. Since the gun’s introduction to the commercial market in 2014, manufacturer SIG Sauer has sold the P320 to hundreds of thousands of civilians, and it has been used by officers at more than a thousand law enforcement agencies across the nation, court records show.”

This many in circulation and ~100 plaintiffs, most of which admit they were handling the gun in some way at the time it went off. Oh, and neither lawyers for the defense nor law enforcement agencies have been able to replicate it in a controlled setting.

Finally, the best claim, “But two years later, as he inspected the weapon for a chambered round, it fired a bullet through his hand, Winningham said.” So either the gun somehow discharges while out of battery or he just randomly points the gun at his hand when he looks at the loaded chamber indicator.

Smells like BS to me…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    “A variant of the weapon is the standard-issue sidearm for every branch of the U.S. military. Since the gun’s introduction to the commercial market in 2014, manufacturer SIG Sauer has sold the P320 to hundreds of thousands of civilians, and it has been used by officers at more than a thousand law enforcement agencies across the nation, court records show.”

This many in circulation and ~100 plaintiffs, most of which admit they were handling the gun in some way at the time it went off. Oh, and neither lawyers for the defense nor law enforcement agencies have been able to replicate it in a controlled setting.

Finally, the best claim, “But two years later, as he inspected the weapon for a chambered round, it fired a bullet through his hand, Winningham said.” So either the gun somehow discharges while out of battery or he just randomly points the gun at his hand when he looks at the loaded chamber indicator.

Smells like BS to me…
    I have now carried a 320 for 2 years? now.
    Ive dropped it a few times along the way, its never discharged without my booger hook on the bang switch.
    I have a few of them.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I have now carried a 320 for 2 years? now.
    Ive dropped it a few times along the way, its never discharged without my booger hook on the bang switch.
    I have a few of them.
    I have two and I have had an issue with one of them. Want to know the funny thing? Sig failed to install the pivot pin in the FCU that lifts the striker safety disconnect. It would still raise, just not as high as it needs to fire. I have first hand knowledge that the striker safety works.
    0BA05580-A8C4-4E84-86B6-13D5826F6ECE.jpeg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I thought it fired without touching the trigger? Any time I've slamfired a pump shotgun, I've held the trigger down. :dunno:
    Weapon was on safe and trigger was not touched. I was using my left hand only, as I pulled the foreend forward the weapon discharged.

Slamfires transpire when the weapon is loaded. It is not necessary that a trigger be held down.

See if this helps:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Alec Baldwin approves.
    anigif_original-grid-image-6403-1379079640-13.gif

Top Bottom