WTS: Polytech AKS 762 Pre-ban AK-47 Rifle with Galil-style Folding Stock (DeMotte, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    SOLD from DeMotte, IN:

Polytech AKS 762 with Galil-style Folding Stock
    Pre-ban rifle chambered in 7.62 x 39

AK 1.jpg

AK 2.jpg

AK 6.jpg

AK 3.jpg

AK 4.jpg

AK 5.jpg

About these particular rifles from a person "in the know":

"Specifically as to the Galil side folder. I had the pleasure of speaking at length to Mr. Keng about this rifle, and shared a few laughs as to how things were before our rights got severely trampled. When the Chinese were trying to get a foothold in the US firearms market, the AK and it's variants were not in good favor as we were still in a cold war of sorts with "commie weapons" and the AK wasn't as popular as it is today. The Chinese would build anything you wanted with a minimum of around 200 for an order. Keng told me that they wanted to sell side folders, but the ones with the plastic stock set and the folder similar to the Norinco 56S-2 were not selling. He saw a Galil and contracted for a run of Poly Tech AKS-762 using the Galil style side folder. Where it got funny is that he didn't tell the Chinese to use a different serial number sequence to denote the different stock. When he got the shipment in, the Galil side folders were mixed in with the standard side folders, and Keng didn't think to record them by serial number to keep a count of the two version. After he realized the numbering of both rifles were intermingled, it was too late to count since there was no way to tell the two apart by serial number. All he was able to tell me that there were at least 200 of the Galil side folder, and most likely no more than 400 making them fairly rare and mostly unheard of in the AK world."

Comes with One 30-round and Three 40-round Chinese made magazines

If you are here, you know what you are looking at! A military-grade pre-ban AK-47! As you read above, there were only somewhere around 300 of the Galil-style folding stock Polytechs ever manufactured. This is one of them!

Rifle is in amazing condition with beautiful blonde wood and strong bluing.

Don't miss this opportunity to own what many consider to be the best of the best when it comes to old-school AK-47s!

$2,650 FTF in NW Indiana **SOLD**

The first "I'll take it" gets the deal!

Thanks in advance for your time and interest!

Vanguard.45

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom