• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I seem to be getting more survey calls than ever before. I'm not entirely sure why. I moved from Indy to Greenfield back in March, and it seems that since I've settled in Greenfield, I'm phone has been ringing at least once a week with a political survey.

Last night it was a survey on the state governor candidates.

Anyone else experiencing a higher influx?

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Yea I've ignored all of them... I should just answer them and give them different answers than what I think just to mess with polling

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    All of my contacts are set to ring a particular tone. If the phone rings a different tone, I do not answer it! I get sick and tired of all the scammers and pollsters. Sometimes I get 4 calls in a minute from one number. Darn auto dialers!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    All of my contacts are set to ring a particular tone. If the phone rings a different tone, I do not answer it! I get sick and tired of all the scammers and pollsters. Sometimes I get 4 calls in a minute from one number. Darn auto dialers!
    I stopped this on my girlfriend’s iPhone by enabling “silence unknown callers”. Works like a charm. (the definition of an unknown caller is any number, not in your contact list or that you have never originated a call or SMS to)

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I stopped this on my girlfriend’s iPhone by enabling “silence unknown callers”. Works like a charm. (the definition of an unknown caller is any number, not in your contact list or that you have never originated a call or SMS to)
    Have that done on my phone, too. If it's important, they'll leave a message as it doesn't disable voicemail, just the ringer.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Have a seldom used line that has a separate answering machine. Answering machine died so went for a couple months without. Phone recorded CIDs so callbacks were no problem, even though it never got answered unless I happened to be nearby when it rang and recognized the caller.

Noticed something interesting. Most spam calls would disconnect after 3 or 4 rings and only about 10% would ring longer. Replaced answering machine a couple weeks ago and set it to answer after 5 rings. So far, either no spammer has let it ring long enough to get thru to the answering machine or any that have haven’t left a VM yet. Just legit messages up to now. Guess the bots are more impatient than humans!

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I don't answer numbers I don't recognize except on business lines.

For years, I have been getting calls from "Bob Hansen Website Developer" from Kokomo, Carmel, etc. He does it all over the country.

A while back I thought I would bite, I opted 1 to talk to his assistant Chelsea. Then with my best speach challenged dutchy voice I kept asking for a website for $10 per month, I stated you said "you have websites for even small budgets".

After a couple of minutes "Chelsea" hung up, it was the start to a good morning.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I seem to be getting more survey calls than ever before. I'm not entirely sure why. I moved from Indy to Greenfield back in March, and it seems that since I've settled in Greenfield, I'm phone has been ringing at least once a week with a political survey.

Last night it was a survey on the state governor candidates.

Anyone else experiencing a higher influx?
    Did you buy a home? If so you put your phone number on the state sales disclosure. They get it from there and you an are fresh number.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Typical politicians, rules for thee, not for me.

So my number is on the Do Not Call lists but the politicians chose to exempt themselves from that list. Don't they understand that people do not want any unwanted calls?

My wife typically responds, "put me on your Do Not Call list and never call me again. If you call again I will not vote for you and will tell all my friends to not vote for you." She keeps a list of those calls next to the phone.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Ringer? What is that?

Is that like when your phone shakes and vibrates a little and weird numbers come up on the screen?
    Some people (like nurses, for instance) need some quiet downtime without interruption But still need to be alerted to important work or family issues.

Without any ringer, they will never hear it while resting. The unknown caller feature is a godsend for people like this.

Top Bottom