Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    1rrto0.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You should inform them that loin cloths are the real lady-getter. :naughty:

Seriously, what's with the Brazil / CSA connection?

The correct nomenclature is "breech clout" or "Cloth"....I am not Tarzan...I just have his build....:)

Here is a quick lesson on the Confederados of Brazil....

[video=youtube;kL1WLanKKq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL1WLanKKq8[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, Lee married into his slaves. Don't let the leftists forget that.

Yep...Something else Grant and Lee had in common....

"In Mary Robinson’s July 24, 1885, recollections, during an interview for the St. Louis Republican memorial to Grant following his death, she noted that “he always said he wanted to give his wife’s slaves their freedom as soon as he was able.” In 1859, Grant freed William Jones, the only slave he is known to have owned. During the Civil War, some slaves at White Haven simply walked off, as they did on many plantations in both Union and Confederate states. Missouri’s constitutional convention abolished slavery in the state in January 1865, freeing any slaves still living at White Haven."
    “I Ulysses S. Grant…do hereby manumit, emancipate and set free from Slavery my Negro man William, sometimes called William Jones…forever.”

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Yep...Something else Grant and Lee had in common....

"In Mary Robinson’s July 24, 1885, recollections, during an interview for the St. Louis Republican memorial to Grant following his death, she noted that “he always said he wanted to give his wife’s slaves their freedom as soon as he was able.” In 1859, Grant freed William Jones, the only slave he is known to have owned. During the Civil War, some slaves at White Haven simply walked off, as they did on many plantations in both Union and Confederate states. Missouri’s constitutional convention abolished slavery in the state in January 1865, freeing any slaves still living at White Haven."
    “I Ulysses S. Grant…do hereby manumit, emancipate and set free from Slavery my Negro man William, sometimes called William Jones…forever.”

Shhhhh... keep that a secret. I really like this statue and would hate to see it go too.

ulysses-s-grant.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom