• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    God i hope im wrong and these are some realistic training guns and theyre not pointing real guns at eachother without training barrels/guns img_2_1707520995747.jpg img_1_1707520981127.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    With all the training equipment options available today, I would hope they aren't using live guns in such a manner.
    However, shortly after I first hired on with the local sheriff's dept (over 23 years ago) as a court deputy, we had an active shooter training at a high school. We went through that training with our issued weapons. We constantly were showing and inspecting each other's guns to verify they were clear. Also no ammunition was to be in the building. But, there we were training to take the fight to an active shooter and clearing the building pointing live guns at each other. As if that wasn't bad enough, there were volunteers who were acting as teachers and students etc to give a more life like scenario.
    Frankly, I couldn't believe that's how it was being conducted. In some scenarios we had a piece of rope strung through the barrel to signify it was empty.
    I haven't worked in that capacity in 20years now, so hopefully they have better equipment and practices now.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    With all the training equipment options available today, I would hope they aren't using live guns in such a manner.
    However, shortly after I first hired on with the local sheriff's dept (over 23 years ago) as a court deputy, we had an active shooter training at a high school. We went through that training with our issued weapons. We constantly were showing and inspecting each other's guns to verify they were clear. Also no ammunition was to be in the building. But, there we were training to take the fight to an active shooter and clearing the building pointing live guns at each other. As if that wasn't bad enough, there were volunteers who were acting as teachers and students etc to give a more life like scenario.
    Frankly, I couldn't believe that's how it was being conducted. In some scenarios we had a piece of rope strung through the barrel to signify it was empty.
    I haven't worked in that capacity in 20years now, so hopefully they have better equipment and practices now.
    My first force on force active shooter training we started out doing everything right the instructor searched us then we all searched eachother. We couldn't even have a pen or cigarette lighter. Halfway through the deputy chief (also the lead instructor) walked in with his duty belt and loaded duty pistol. Per our instructions I yelled endex three times and called him out on it. That really got him going and he went to the chief to get me wrote up for calling him out...it didn't work out for him because then not only was a rookie yelling at him but so was the 30year veteran chief. We had thousands of dollars in Sim guns I don't know why he wouldn't use one but whatever.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Forrest's mom is right again: Stupid is as stupid does!
    'Accidents' only happen when safety isn't the priority!
    In today's world, with all the simulation stuff that's available, there's no excuse for
    using 'live' firearms in training, without at least a training barrel or something in it!

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I attended a training session with a very poorly funded department where they hot glued a pencil into a spent case and we used that since it showed clear by a half inch of pencil sticking out with a bright pink eraser on the end and it couldn't be cycled without first disassembling it. There is budget friendly ways to train that don't end up with someone being shot.

Top Bottom