Police action shooting death in Ft. Wayne today....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had no idea what this was about so I had to go searching for it... Here's a little info anyway

WTHR - Indianapolis News Weather -Man killed in Fort Wayne police shooting

Man killed in Fort Wayne police shooting
    Updated: Jan 7, 2009 10:08 AM

Fort Wayne - Police say one man is dead following a police action shooting.

The department said in a statement that an adult male was fatally shot by police early Wednesday. No details of the circumstances of the shooting or other details were released.

Police Chief Rusty York scheduled an afternoon news conference to discuss the shooting.

Here's another link
    Police action shooting leaves one dead
    This one has a couple of pictures

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    From the brief news report it sounds like a disturbed guy with relationship problems wanting to end his life but was too chicken **** to do it himself so he had a cop do it for him. Now that cop has to live with that for the rest of his life....... :rolleyes:

Scott

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    News report I read said two in the chest. Could be wrong though.... it was the Star.

Herald Times reported the leg :dunno:

Bloomington police were involved in the shooting of a man in late December. On Dec. 19, a Bloomington man who was threatening to kill himself was shot in the leg by a member of the Critical Incident Response Team after a four-hour standoff.

fire1035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Nevermind. I thought we were talking about the kid at the bus station yesterday. He apparently got two in the chest after charging the officer with a knife. The bleeding hearts in the comments section were upset he got shot and not tased. :rolleyes:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Nevermind. I thought we were talking about the kid at the bus station yesterday. He apparently got two in the chest after charging the officer with a knife. The bleeding hearts in the comments section were upset he got shot and not tased. :rolleyes:

You're right. I was reading the other thread on the bus station thing and scanned through it and saw that part, didn't notice the date :n00b:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    308 to the head in Ft Wayne. Totally justified shooting by the 19 year veteran Sergeant on EST. Guy finally came out of the house, racked the slide on a shotgun and aimed it at Officers. Sergeant Noll did what he had to do. He is a good and decent man.

His ex-wife was interviewed and she said that her ex was mentally unstable and a drunk.

Top Bottom