• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 911 Defense

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I Love my LC9 and my Ruger 380, both are very comfortable and accurate. I like the grip on the Rugers better then the Kel Tec. It just feels more comfortable and secure.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Sometimes my M&P9c is just plain uncomfortable to carry.... I have an IWB crossbreed supertuck. ...

What aspect is uncomfortable?

Have you considered buying your pants a little larger in the waist rather than moving toward less gun?

Or, perhaps a different holster? While a lot of people like dual-clip holsters like the Crossbreed, I'm not one of them; preferring a single-clip holster that takes up less horizontal space on the belt. For example, I carry a larger gun in comfort with a Comp-Tac Infidel.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    i have bought larger pants.... some days that part is uncomfortable like it is to tight... depending how big my dinner was !

but the part that gets me is in my lower back... when sitting. the pain is unbearable some days. Maybe I should move the holster position? BUT that spot seems the most natural to draw.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    what am I doing wrong I would really like to know?

Noone I know is into guns so this is the only advice I get !!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Get a better belt. It'll make your life easier. I like the Wilderness Instructor belt. Well worth the money.
    Try the holster in different positions.
    Try other holsters. I'm a big fan of the Comp-TAC MTAC.

Don't rule out Appendix carry.

You already have a great gun. Don't go out and buy another. Pocket carry isn't the best way to carry a primary weapon.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    i have bought larger pants.... some days that part is uncomfortable like it is to tight... depending how big my dinner was !

but the part that gets me is in my lower back... when sitting. the pain is unbearable some days. Maybe I should move the holster position? BUT that spot seems the most natural to draw.

Hmm. Ok, just trying to understand your issue.

With regards to the lower back pain, is it the belt/weight causing the pain, or are you carrying your pistol in the small of your back (SOB)? Do you generally have back problems?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    no not the weight of the belt at all it is the area it is in. but it just feels like it needs to be there !

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am looking for something RELIABLE that will fit in my pocket easy in a pocket holster..

Maybe I should move the holster position? BUT that spot seems the most natural to draw.

Let me get this straight, you're opposed repositioning your current holster, but you're perfectly ok with getting a completely different gun and entirely changing the method of carry as well as the location in which you carry? :n00b:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    with my current holster I am just not seeing where else it could go... I am open to suggestions

on my next outting may not be for awhile with this snow I am going to try appendix carry for the day.

and to answer your question YES i am ok with getting a new gun and changing method of carry.... because pocket carry....... I carry many things in my pockets and never been uncomfortable !

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Where are you carrying? Unless it's "small of back", or close, it shouldn't be pressing on your spine. If you're carrying SOB, and it's causing you problems, I really suggest you move it - both to alleviate your pain, and prevent future injury (very possible if one falls on an SOB handgun).

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I am carrying appendix but on the back I suppose??? like opposite not sure what its called.

flhultra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    corydon area
    I'm confused (M&P9c) isn't that a compact.
    I have back problems (broke years ago) daily is a FNX45 in a Old Faithful IWB at 5 oclock, rides so nice I never notice it.
    small adjustment when first getting the car is about the only time.
    I fall asleep on it in the lounge chair all the time.

Top Bottom