• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Sometimes my M&P9c is just plain uncomfortable to carry.... I have an IWB crossbreed supertuck.

I am looking for something RELIABLE that will fit in my pocket easy in a pocket holster.. thinking the M&P9 shield???

Also the LC9?

Maybe a revolver? Would prefer to stick with 9mm though..

NAA mini revolver in 22mag??? would prefer more rounds and power

Just looking for input.... New ideas something I havent thought of... Or tips from people who pocket carry.

Thanks.

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    keltec p3at carries nicely in a pocket. for 9mm, you could go keltec pf9 or diamondback db9, but anything thicker or heavier just feels awkward in my opinion. i think the lc9 would be ok too. but a small .380 carries very comfortably. good luck!

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Here are two threads from the past week with good info:

General pocket carry:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/276683-looking_for_a_pocket_carry_gun.html

Pocket 380 Carry:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/275449-pocket_380_a.html

I pocket carry my Pocketlite right now sometimes. In the summer I will pocket carry my Kahr CM9 (unbelieveably, it prints less in my summer clothes. Guess my jeans have small pockets.) I will be returning my Pocketlite to the family arsenal soon and switch to a P3AT Keltec .380.

I believe Kahr's are the smallest, well built 9mm's. Rugers and Keltecs are great too, but I'll put my Kahr's trigger against an LC9 or PF9 anyday. DB9's have had problems in the past and Diamondback was just purchased by Taurus, so who knows what that will mean for quality control. I have not heard anything bad about their DB380's, so maybe those are better. This is just my personal opinion with all of the general reading I've done.

There are a lot of great videos on youtube. I would look there too. Best of luck.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    keltec p3at carries nicely in a pocket. for 9mm, you could go keltec pf9 or diamondback db9, but anything thicker or heavier just feels awkward in my opinion. i think the lc9 would be ok too. but a small .380 carries very comfortably. good luck!

P3AT here, which rides in my hip pocket all the time and I couldn't be much happier with it. A couple of minor tweaks and mine feeds Hydra-Shoks flawlessly.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have a Ruger LCP Converted to .32 NAA I pocket carry often.
    I never feel like I am underpowered with it.
    LCP's work without the tweaks and fluff and buff or whatever it is they call the prep a KelTec needs to work right.

I usually carry a revolver, SP-101 in .357 Mag

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    . DB9's have had problems in the past and Diamondback was just purchased by Taurus, so who knows what that will mean for quality control. I have not heard anything bad about their DB380's, so maybe those are better. This is just my personal opinion with all of the general reading I've done.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. A lot of those Diamondbacks were crap already, don't know if Taurus buying them will make it worse or better.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    How about a nice .410 :D

b6o9w6f

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm kind of surprised I haven't heard anyone talk about the shield 9mm's. I thought those would be a little bit better suited for pocket carry. I've got a G26 and with the casual pants I have to wear for work it prints enough to make we want something just a little thinner. That and I'm trying to find an excuse to buy a shield.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I pocket carry a PT 745 all day every day at work. In the summer I wear cargo shorts to work, and it fits in those nicely too. For the record, I've carried that gun in that manner for almost four years now, and it's never been a problem.....I even pocket carry it at home in my lounging around clothes, and it's quite comfortable. I use a blackhawk pocket holster.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm kind of surprised I haven't heard anyone talk about the shield 9mm's.

I've got a co-worker who pocket carries one as his backup. It disappears and he's happy with it after an Apex kit and some trigger work.

I didn't shoot it, but handled it. It seems like a good choice, especially with the trigger work.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The shield's next on my list of guns to purchase for sure. I'm just waiting for the prices to get less than $550 out the door. Currently getting closer in some cases, but for the most part it's going to be a while.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Sometimes my M&P9c is just plain uncomfortable to carry.... I have an IWB crossbreed supertuck.

I am looking for something RELIABLE that will fit in my pocket easy in a pocket holster.. thinking the M&P9 shield???

Also the LC9?

Maybe a revolver? Would prefer to stick with 9mm though..

NAA mini revolver in 22mag??? would prefer more rounds and power

Just looking for input.... New ideas something I havent thought of... Or tips from people who pocket carry.

Thanks.
    I pocket carry more than anything else. Sometimes I will ankle carry, but most of the time I pocket carry. My EDC is now the Beretta Nano (BU 9). With the right pants, I can even pocket carry my Hi Point C9. Hey, don't laugh. The C9 shoots great and I have never had any problems with it.:twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My EDC is now the Beretta Nano

I carry the m&p9c in a crossbreed as well and i have had nothing but great things to say about that combination so far! however, for pocket carry i would consider the Beretta Nano... it's 9mm (so you don't have to purchase another caliber of ammo) and it also has a very sleek profile so that printing is minimal. :twocents:

Top Bottom