• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I am a relative noob to shooting and have never done any reloading. When I started shooting my new AR15 I decided to collect and save all of my brass. I now have about 1000 spent casings from PMC rounds. I've been reading about corrosive vs. non-corrosive, military vs. commercial, etc... I'm just not sure if it is worth my while to be saving all this brass.

Questions: Is my brass any good? Since I don't anticipate getting into reloading in the immediate future, should I sell the brass to a reloader (i.e. via the INGO classified) or sell it to the recycling place and if I should recycle it, do I have to remove the spent primers? Any other considerations I haven't thought of?

Any input is appreciated. :patriot:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    PMC is pretty good brass, it is crimped primer style so it is a little more work. If you are not going to save it please put me on the short list I would be interested in it.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    THIS ISN'T PMC BUT............

223 / 5.56 NEW Unprimed Lake City Brass - Rifle - 1000 ct
    1000 Rounds - **ITEM OUT OF STOCK, UNKNOWN RE-STOCK DATE UPDATED 4/29/09** Same Head-Stamp NEW, UnPrimed, Lake City Rifle Brass. (2006-2008) Years on Brass are Separated. **Shipping Included. US POSTAL ONLY**When item shows "0" availability, product is out of stock!........ **WHEN AVAILABLE, ITEM USUALLY SHIPS WITHIN 3-4 BUSINESS DAYS. LARGER QUANTITY ORDERS MAY TAKE LONGER**
    PRICE: $191.00

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    This is a slightly better example for you...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]223 Remington - PMC Military Brass (CRIMPED PRIMERS) - 1000 ct
    1000 Rounds - 223 Same Head-Stamp, PMC Military Brass (Crimped Primer Pockets). *Shipping Included US POSTAL ONLY**When item shows "0" availability, product is out of stock!....... **WHEN AVAILABLE, ITEM USUALLY SHIPS WITHIN 3-4 BUSINESS DAYS. LARGER QUANTITY ORDERS MAY TAKE LONGER**
    PRICE: $96.00

Redneck I buy once fired unsorted range brass in 5 gal buckets for $35.00 for my local indoor range. Too bad they don't allow rifle fire...
    [/FONT]

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Thanks for the info gentlemen. I suppose I'll go through and sort it out to get an accurate count and then put up a WTS post... Mikea, I'll give you a shoot when I put this up and give you "dibbs" if you're still interested.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    There's nothing wrong with PMC brass. I bought a big pile of once-fired PMC from Bushmaster when I first started reloading for my AR. I'm still using that brass; now on its third loading, and it's been perfectly fine for me. I've also reloaded using Federal, and I actually prefer the PMC.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I went through and sorted out my brass... I also have a few hundred of "PPU 5.56" is this stuff any good?

It looks like ~$100/1000 is a fair price to ask for the PMC... right? is the PPU about the same?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The PMC company actually started after the Korean War where we left mountains of artillery cases. They actually recycled our brass and sold it back to us. It's good stuff.

Top Bottom