• ...and so much more!
  • Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    After weeks of phone calls by myself and the seller I have an update. We also talked to a fairly local person doing the investigation inside UPS and told him the ATF and local police have notified and we were pushing them to investigate. We told him we were not interested in the insurance money and that we wanted the rifle. A day later UPS found the rifle after nearly 3 weeks after it was “lost”. It arrived to my house yesterday in different packaging than it was shipped out in. I am happy that it arrived but will be forever suspicious of UPS on this. There were definitely shenanigans going on. Thank you for all the support and keeping an eye out for this rifle. I always tell folks that INGO is a great community and it certainly is.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    After weeks of phone calls by myself and the seller I have an update. We also talked to a fairly local person doing the investigation inside UPS and told him the ATF and local police have notified and we were pushing them to investigate. We told him we were not interested in the insurance money and that we wanted the rifle. A day later UPS found the rifle after nearly 3 weeks after it was “lost”. It arrived to my house yesterday in different packaging than it was shipped out in. I am happy that it arrived but will be forever suspicious of UPS on this. There were definitely shenanigans going on. Thank you for all the support and keeping an eye out for this rifle. I always tell folks that INGO is a great community and it certainly is.
    So glad it worked out especially since I know you from a rifle sale. I hope the slimy individuals involved in the shenanigans had some restless nights and distress from your perserverance and turning up the heat on them with the LEO/ATF disclosure. They were just hoping the situation would go away after all stonewalling and word salad games. The positive outcome was not a coincidence. Congrats.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not saying don't be suspicious of UPS, but sometimes things do happen. I bought a book off Ebay for my wife several years ago. It never came and I forgot about it. Somewhere between 6-9 months later it showed up. The package looked like it was caught under a conveyor or something, black rub marks all down both sides. Book was undamaged, but the packaging was trashed. This was USPS.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Curious. How do you know it was in a different box? I'd love to hear their explanation as to why the packaging was swapped. its not like Tim's case where it was a small item that could get chewed on by the machinery and would need a new box. And if it were simply misplaced, fell over behind a shelf, etc. it shouldnt need a new box.

But if the handler removed the rifle and stashed it, it sure would need a new box. And if that happened, did the employee get charged with theft?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Amazing how having the law come around tends to galvanize results.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Curious. How do you know it was in a different box? I'd love to hear their explanation as to why the packaging was swapped. its not like Tim's case where it was a small item that could get chewed on by the machinery and would need a new box. And if it were simply misplaced, fell over behind a shelf, etc. it shouldnt need a new box.

But if the handler removed the rifle and stashed it, it sure would need a new box. And if that happened, did the employee get charged with theft?

Quietly let go to not besmirch the integrity of UPS service... Trust us!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    It arrived to my house yesterday in different packaging than it was shipped out in.
    I'm going to guess the seller / shipper sent you pics of the package or a good description.

Arriving in other than the shipped packaging is a huge red flag!

Have you thoroughly stripped the rifle to verify it was not molested?

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    The shipper sent me a photo of the gun before he shipped it. The photo was the gun all wrapped laying in the box where the entire side was like a lid. The box was a used box and heavily taped. It arrived in a new box that only opened on the ends. Inside packing was brown shipping paper which was not how it was packaged by the shipper. The label had obviously been removed from a previous package and retapped to this package. multiple layers of tape on the label and it was partially torn. I supposed it could have been damaged during shipping and was transferred into new packaging. However…..add up all the weirdness with this and it makes it awfully suspicious.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm glad it turned up, but also, like you, more than a little suspicious that the investigation was complete, and the insurance paid before it suddenly turned up when the police got involved.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Glad it turned up. Amazing what happens when you put the fear of god in them. UPS knew exactly where your rifle was the whole time and like I said earlier, they DO NOT like the law snooping around their facilities. Probably told the person who had it either return it or they'd throw him under the bus.

Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    I had similar thing happen to me when I sent a delta point pro red dot " got lost" thru UPS for about 2wks. Fortunately Leopold tracked it and I got it back. But it does make me a little suspicious of UPS.

Top Bottom