• ...and so much more!
  • Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    INGO folks. Please be on the lookout for my SVT-40. I bought it off GunBroker. It was shipped through UPS and never made it to my house. I filed a lost package claim with UPS and they investigating it. It was scanned out for delivery on Saturday but never made it my house nor made it back to the UPS facility. It required a signature for delivery and none was obtained. I fear there was foul play. If foul play occurred it could be being marketed in the Indianapolis area. Please see photos for serial number etc.... SVT_13.jpg SVT_9.jpg SVT_5.jpg SVT_1.jpg SVT_4.jpg SVT_14.jpg

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Yeah, don't wait. UPS won't do **** to help. Getting LE involved might "encourage" UPS to look a little closer. At least that helped in my case.
    Yep, inform them you are contacting the ATF to report a stolen firearm, not lost but stolen. If there is one thing UPS, FedEx, & USPS hate it is the ATF snooping around there business.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yep, inform them you are contacting the ATF to report a stolen firearm, not lost but stolen. If there is one thing UPS, FedEx, & USPS hate it is the ATF snooping around there business.
    Not just ATF, but any LE agency and especially a fed agency. They know there's a lot of stuff being shipped that is either illegal or shipped improperly and they largely don't care as long as it isn't too obvious. John Law starts having a look-see and next thing you know its a full scale investigation.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Somebody is looking at the gun and thinking...what the hell is that? I was hoping it would be a Tec-9, or AK 47.........
    More like they looked at it and said self this needs to come home with me. It will be marked as lost and I have a highly collectable rifle.

@Rburney you have more patience than I have. I'd been raising the roof by now. I need to learn patience. I seriously think I had a lot more when I was younger.

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I have been raising the roof. UPS informed me that they are done talking to me. I notified ATF a couple days ago and filed a lost/Stolen report through the Plainfield Police department. The officer that took the report is a gun guy and was just about as pissed off as I am. It is in the stolen gun data bank so hopefully somebody tries to pawn it or something.

I might have lost my cool just a little bit with UPS. They informed me that their contract for shipping is with the originating shipper. So as the receiver I have absolutely no rights. I paid for the gun, paid for shipping, paid for the shipping insurance, I am responsible for the gun legally because it is on my FFL. They won’t give me updates. They will only talk to the shipper. The worst part is they will pay him the insurance. Thankfully he appears to be good dude. However he could keep the insurance money and all I can do is give him a bad review on gun broker. It would cost me more money than the gun is worth to try and sue. I am hoping he remains a stand up guy.

This gun will be hard to replace since it was not a Tula made rifle. It was an Izhevsk.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I had not heard that. They still list it on their website on how to package firearms for shipping and the rules to do so.
    It was a story about a company called "Ghost Firearms" that had their shipping account terminated along with a letter stating that if they attempted to ship anything else it would be confiscated because they are in violation of the law. There was also another article involving 80% parts from Brownells.

The typical exaggeration web sites then extrapolated that to mean all firearms shipped by everybody. I wouldn't worry about that being the case with your gun, not that it isn't a problem in general nor does it solve your problem in particular.

Top Bottom