• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Put a drop or two of oil on it. Put a piece of painter's tape over it. Using a rubber mallet, smack under it, that may let it pop into the tape and up. Or use tweezers to pull it.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    I know this thread is a little older, but if you would like some info on two gunsmiths in the area (one in Bloomington, the other in Columbus) I have used Gary in Columbus and heard good things about the Bloomington smith that works out of HPSS. Just PM if you need their info. Hope you already have the problem fixed.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I tried it out today with no luck. Tried my 300 blackout upper and my 223 upper. Dumped a lot of rounds and it didnt help. Time to take it to a gunsmith.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I tried it out today with no luck. Tried my 300 blackout upper and my 223 upper. Dumped a lot of rounds and it didnt help. Time to take it to a gunsmith.

Do what you want. Just know that there is no special tool only available to a "gunsmith" to get that little pin to pop back up or to drill it out. If it was me, I would just shoot the crap out of it since I rarely open my Ar's up anyway.

Again, don't panic. It really is not a big deal. It does not effect function in any way.

Top Bottom