• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    I just received the plate armor I ordered for my vest. It was listed as having one curved plate and one flat(with the two smaller side plates). I opened the box, and both plates are curved. Is there any problems with having a curved plate on my spine? Will it cause me any discomfort? Should I contact the seller? The seller is taking off a week, so that will be a while before I get any feedback. What say you, INGO? Do I just go with it?

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    Thanks for the info. I know the steel is the "same", but was just wondering. I thought if I put my pack on while wearing the vest, would it hurt me? But like you suggested, I'll have to try it out and see. Especially since it won't damage the plates any. Not like I'm running around outside in a new pair of shoes I intend to return! LOL.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just received the plate armor I ordered for my vest. It was listed as having one curved plate and one flat(with the two smaller side plates). I opened the box, and both plates are curved. Is there any problems with having a curved plate on my spine? Will it cause me any discomfort? Should I contact the seller? The seller is taking off a week, so that will be a while before I get any feedback. What say you, INGO? Do I just go with it?

Standing, probably no difference. Driving or otherwise sitting with your back against something is more comfortable with a flat rear plate.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    You will notice a difference over extended periods. You may want to consider the safety issues as well. Will the offer the same level of protection? Will it ride properly where it's suppose to? If you fall while wearing a curved plate on your back, and just the overall suck factor of wearing plates not too mention incorrect ones. If you can get them after a bit of wait are you missing that much? Do it correct now so you don't second guess later.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The military issues curved plates for both front and back. Hours and hours in helicopters, humvies, and other vehicles were never an issue for me.

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    Update. After an issue communicating with the seller, I got it worked out. I returned one of the curved plates, and got the flat one that I had ordered. Had to threaten to get Ebay involved though. Thanks to everyone for their responses. I didn't feel comfortable with the curved plate. So it's all done now.

Top Bottom