• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheeToyGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    New to the Indy area and looking for good places to go Trap Shooting and Pistol Shooting. I have been to the Indiana Gun Club already. Is there anywhere else good to go? ATA shoots? Three Gun Events?

Thanks in advance.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I think you found the best for trap shooting. Indiana Gun Club has a sister range at Camp Atterbury that has trap, pistol, and rifle ranges. It's probably an hour away from Indiana Gun Club, south of the city.

If you are near the Gun Club, then Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club has some trap fields that aren't full time, as well as a small pistol range and rifle berms out to 100 yards.

Atlanta Conservation Club has more competition events, look in the shooting sports forum here for some more talk on those. Marion County Fish and Game does trap one night a week, IIRC, otherwise limited to pistol calibers. They host a popular Friday Night Steel event.

Downtown is Indy Trading Post with a public indoor shooting range. On the west side of town is Eagle Creek Pistol Range - very nice place, outdoors but covered and only open weekends. Both of these places are site sponsors. Beech Grove Firearms is opening a new indoor range in a couple weeks that will allow rifles and pistols.

TheeToyGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Thanks guys this is very helpful! It sounds like Don's is a place to stay away from. Is there any of these other places that I should stay away from?

Top Bottom